Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Winch Bar

Paul Kearney

I have recently had a bump and need to replace my bumper. I would like to fit a winch bar, which would aid recovery etc of boat and trailor.
Where could I purchase and what makes for winch and bar.

1997 Landcruiser Amazon 4.2td UK Supplied
not sure the model number

Paul. I think that the Frog's Island one looks one of the best. Nice as a replacement bumper without looking like a scaffolding advert but still a capable mount for a winch.

Should you eventually decide not to go down that route, I actually have a complete un-dented 80 series bumper that I'd sell as I have made my own winch bumper.

Chris

Oh, sorry Paul, could you also add your location to the side bar please. It helps to know where everyone is.

I have sent Frog Island and email but no reply as yet, may have to ring them. I was hoping to get a second hand bumper or a winch.
also I am trying to locate the metal valance below the headlights as mine is dented.

Well, I did say that I liked their bumper, but with regards to Frog's.. I have tried to deal with them in the past and never had any joy with them. Their manner on the phone was dreadful, they never replied to messages or mail and I think their website is rubbish. But, I do like their bumper. I know that Ryan has one and if he'd left his truck long enough, I'd have had the spanners out

Second hand 80 winch bumpers? Well they do come up, but not that often and they go very quickly. Plus they go for good money too. if you buy a second hand winch, just make sure it's not a Warn.

Welcome to the forum by the way

Chris

Just ordered a ORA one off ebay, They have been reduced to £295 +35 delivery inc VAT good deal.

Next on list BFGoodrich tyres

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Back