Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Windscreen wiper connection help

James GrP

Country Flag
great_britain
Hi all,
Just had my windscreen replaced and the fitter has pointed out that the passenger side wiper connection has a lot of play and is wearing/rubbing on the vented grill.

Took the arm off and the bushing/articulator freely moves up and down - seems like the round connector housing has rusted out underneath allowing the arm to wobble/drop.

Wondering if anyone has a breakdown of this so I can look at ordering the part, hopefully I will be able to fit it myself and get my hands dirty :)

Anyone with spares for sale - do let me know!

Also - if someone knows a link to the service manuals for the 100's could they let me know, all the old links are dead :(

Thanks,
James

90671784-7663-46EF-9755-00BB852B5169.jpeg
002B1375-1515-40EC-B336-52C977976165.jpeg
A8640349-9C78-4F07-BFB0-8C5FD480C657.jpeg

Stumped here guys, anyone any advice or a schematic of these parts would be most welcomed :)

Afaik it comes complete
I’ve tried to rebuild one before to no avail. Out today so can’t ref part number against an 80 but I got one from Milner genuine complete for about £70 some while back

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Hi all,
Just had my windscreen replaced and the fitter has pointed out that the passenger side wiper connection has a lot of play and is wearing/rubbing on the vented grill.

Took the arm off and the bushing/articulator freely moves up and down - seems like the round connector housing has rusted out underneath allowing the arm to wobble/drop.

Wondering if anyone has a breakdown of this so I can look at ordering the part, hopefully I will be able to fit it myself and get my hands dirty :)

Anyone with spares for sale - do let me know!

Hi James,

The part number you need is 8515060280 it is a complete unit, you can't buy the component parts, Partsouq haven't got one and neither Amayama, also Milners are out of stock, so if your desperate it looks like a Main Toyota stealer or a used one from a dismantler. Or in my day it was called a 'Scrap Yard'

The part number for the 80 series is 8515060121 but I haven't got a clue if it would fit a 100 series.

The only good thing from your post is that you prompted me to give mine a good lashing of white (no racism implied) grease.

Good luck.

Last edited by a moderator:
JibberJabber, thanks for that, really appreciate it - how do you find part numbers, the PDF that was doing the rounds is not hosted anywhere as far as i can find any more.

JibberJabber, thanks for that, really appreciate it - how do you find part numbers, the PDF that was doing the rounds is not hosted anywhere as far as i can find any more.
Hi James,

The clue is in 'Partsouq" have a look and do some digging on their web site. https://partsouq.com/ ....... and all will be revealed, part numbers, diagrams and pictures galore, any problems just let me know.

BTW Partsouq is not a 'Work shop manual' site it's parts only, if you do some more digging on LCC the WSM for the 100 series are there for downloading FOC. But if your anything like me it's all Jibber-Jabber.

Hope this helps.

Last edited by a moderator:
James, befriend someone on here and get them to invite you to TOYOdiy. All of the factory parts diagrams, part numbers, updates and prices are on there. Oh for every Toyota ever made. You can cross reference parts so you might find the indicator stalk from a Colorado is the same as a Supra Turbo for eg

James, befriend someone on here and get them to invite you to TOYOdiy. All of the factory parts diagrams, part numbers, updates and prices are on there. Oh for every Toyota ever made. You can cross reference parts so you might find the indicator stalk from a Colorado is the same as a Supra Turbo for eg
Can I be befriended so that I can browse TOYOdiy please

Back