AndycruiserguyLomas

Supporter
Guru
Country Flag
england
Last winter we had snow round our way!!

DSC00485.jpg

DSC00499.jpg

For the 1st time in 15 years I didn't use a Cruiser in the snow.
I usually use something like this:-

Picture131.jpg

to get around in the snow or if I am forced, my silver 80.
However last year I used this:-

DSC00492.jpg

It was bloody brilliant! Probably due to its weight,length and new 245/70/16 All Terrains it went absolutely anywhere no matter how deep the snow

Following on since I pressed submit instead of preview, I've gone one better with the tyres and changed the wheels to Trac-Edge BFG's on refurbished steel wheels cos the salt last year really pitted the Alcoa alloys'

DSC00600.jpg

Winter bring on your worst.

Yes before anyone says "but its not a cruiser" if it gets stuck I can always ring Chris to pull me out with photos to prove!!

Not if I see your number come up first before I answer! You can give Al a bell first!

Chris

I'm selling snow shovels this year Andy, £10 each if that helps you when Chris doesn't answer his phone :lol:

Thanks for that Chris old mate. Its just another way of saying "its not up to the job, but Al's Chevy Blazer is".
By the way would you like to use the 6 post ramp to do your autobox?
Ring me, I have caller ID too.
See ya soon

Andy

Gosh, Andy I hadn't thought of that. That might really be the answer. Other than basic tools there isn't much involved. Do you have transmission stands or anything? I know you can obvious lower it down to the ground if needs be. But with the T box off, there is enough room to replace the seal really with it all up in the air just slid backwards in the tunnel.
It could be done in a day. Scott and I actually got one out by 10.30am

Of course I shall rescue you in the snow. Anytime. My old best mate. :thumbup:

Chris

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
I nearly fell off my chair laughing, yes give me a ring ( use 141 first). Yes, air tools, couple of experienced landcruiser mechanics, a 20' truck lift, what more could a mate? in dire need of assistance require?
Answers on a postcard please.
Andy

Err any chance of a cuppa? :?

Runs and hides.

Chris

Back