Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

won't start just clicks ,not battery or starter motor

nigey

while replacing the radio i stuck a screw driver into the wiring loom ,didn't think i did any damage .when i started it up the ignition lights didn't go out .looked at the loom where i caught it and i had nicked 3 wires but not broken them .moved them away from each other with a screwdriver and there was a little spark where i earthed 1of them out .now the car will not even start just clicks .no fuses blown that i can see so i think i must have blown some relay or solenoid or something. any ideas anyone

It probably is just a blown fuse, you just need to find which one.

just checked again ,all fuses ok unless there is some hiding where i don't know

Just in case... have you checked fuses under bonnet as well?

Forgive as we don't really know you that well yet, so we'll have to hammer the obvious sometimes until you shout. When you say you have checked the fuses, have you pulled them and held them up to the light? These plastic fuses are tricky to see really well and unless you pull them you really can't tell. Fuse 12 is particularly worth checking. As you nicked wires behind the radio, one of them is quite likely to be associated with Ign.

Chris

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
where's the click coming from?

how do you know 100% its NOT the battery or starter motor

if you've earther a lead thats been slwly discharging through the chassis then you could quite happily have killed a battery.

the loom that i damaged passes through the bulkhead on the side with the arial [ i was making a hole in the grommet so i could put a new arial lead in ]it comes in through the passenger footwell. I have taken all the fuses out and checked them, there is one at the bottom a square pink one that says power 30A ,i cant tell if this one is blown or not or what it does

sorry forgot to say running perfect 2 mins before and batteries are fully charged and all the other electrics work spot on

click coming from solenoid mounted on passenger wing and a little box in passenger footwell behind side plastic

Dear HELLO
i thing break the key started the ignition or a break in the wire :doh:
Jumah

Back