Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

WTB: 93-97 80 Series Land Cruiser with Diff Locks!

CFM

Country Flag
united_states
I'm looking to get into a 80, I've been looking and talking craigslist and I'm not having much luck finding the right one. So here I am....

What I'd like: 93-97 Toyota Landcruiser or Lexus LX450
Must have factory DIFF LOCK
No rust
No issues
Overall a nice solid rig

Price Range: $6,000-7,000 are my max.... If I can get into one cheaper obviously that's great!

I'm hoping I can get one somewhat close to me, but if the right rig happens to be X amount of miles away, I may be able to drive or shipping may have to be involved.

Let me see what ya got!

CFM, It may be your area because there are a ton of 80 series out there right now. I am in Chesnee, SC just outside Spartanburg. I am in a pretty good area as I am central to Charlotte,Greenville,Asheville and only 2 1/2 hours from Atlanta. To address your criteria, lockers are nice but I would take a clean body over lockers any day. Lockers are certainly nice but can be added to a clean vehicle later. $6-7K in today's market is an average truck, prices are on the rise. You are going to have some base lining to do at that price range, but this is also true for all but the very best maintained rigs.

I own Hardline Fabrication Services and Land Cruisers are what we do. If I can help you just ring me up. Good luck with your search.

Stan

NCFJ: Thanks for the prompt reply! Much appreciated. Unfortunately I missed out on a couple nice locked FZJ80's here in Montana in the 5-6k range because they only lasted a day on the classifieds! Really sucks, and now that I am dying to purchase one.... none seem to be around locally. I wouldn't be completely closed minded to buying one across the US, I bought my previous vehicle from Oklahoma and had it shipped to me. It wasn't too bad of a deal. I kinda' had the same thoughts as you on the lockers, but I honestly just don't see myself in the near future having the time or money to get into ARB lockers and installing them. Seems better for me to buy a rig with factory lockers. I may have to hit you up and chit chat a little bit, thanks Stan.

-Coleton

CFM, It may be your area because there are a ton of 80 series out there right now. I am in Chesnee, SC just outside Spartanburg. I am in a pretty good area as I am central to Charlotte,Greenville,Asheville and only 2 1/2 hours from Atlanta. To address your criteria, lockers are nice but I would take a clean body over lockers any day. Lockers are certainly nice but can be added to a clean vehicle later. $6-7K in today's market is an average truck, prices are on the rise. You are going to have some base lining to do at that price range, but this is also true for all but the very best maintained rigs.

I own Hardline Fabrication Services and Land Cruisers are what we do. If I can help you just ring me up. Good luck with your search.

Stan

Stan,

I looked up your shop on the web, very cool. I see you guys do Vortec repowering, do you do any diesel conversions? Specifically with the GM 6.2/6.5 motor?

I am also in the market for an 80 series and fairly close to you (central NC). Do you have a line on any FJ80s in the $4-7 price range? I've seen a few on craigslist, but wouldn't mind a referral on a quality one. Doesn't need to have the lockers, just good condition, little/no rust, and less than 200K on the odometer. Thanks.

Jason

Back