Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

WTF Covid.

Wow, this ones a good one.

Some early points to make.
Trump lost, it's just a fact. If it was fair or if there was any shenanigans doesn't matter. They had the same thing with "W". They always try to exclude and prevent people voting using all means possible fair or foul. It doesn't really matter who you vote for you always get some millionaire or other who has been funded by corporate entities, domestic and foreign. So if China influenced this result that's cool cos Russia did the last one.

Covid. It's real, There is no great reset, It's not the illuminati or Bill and Melinda. Vaccines are awesome. There can't possibly be a global conspiracy because Turkey wont give Greece a point in the Eurovision song contest never mind somehow Ankara and Athens being on the same page. (Likewise Tel Aviv/Tehran, Islamabad, Delhi) Governments like to collect taxes on flights we take and pints we drink or every single effing litre of fuel we put in our car. They do not want us sat at home, they want us working and paying tax. Governments (Especially ours of late) don't like giving us money. They cut benefits , starve pensioners, leave kids hungry and the like. They don't give everyone money and bailout airlines and the like because of nothing.

That's all I have to say about that for now.

THIS IS THE COVID THREAD IS IT NOT
NOT THE PEOPLE HAVE SPOKEN
I don't want to read nasty comments anymore if you want Nasty please do it by PM this is supposed to be a nice place to be to talk about life and Landcruiser
Or start a tread titled NASTY and then I know not to fucking read it
You treat people how you want to be treated
You talk to people how you want to talked to

Don't upset yourself or others
You can do anything you want to don't hurt yourself or others
More than enough said

One last comment if I may @GOB said:
“You presented as fact the theory that China secretly influenced the US election = the definition of a conspiracy theory.”
Maybe I did, I said they did, it doesn’t make it a fact. I also said I can’t prove it, but that I’d seen compelling evidence that they did. That doesn’t make it a fact.
@GOB also said:
As for climate change i'n with the scientists on this .
" Nearly all actively publishing climate scientists (97–98%[3]) support the consensus on anthropogenic climate change,[4][5] and the remaining 2% of contrarian studies either cannot be replicated or contain errors.[6] A 2019 study found scientific consensus to be at 100% .
from the Wikipedia on scientific consensus on climate change
Maybe Wiki is spreading the climate change “conspiracy theory”....
If you feel inclined, please watch this...

The wikipedia page says that Nearly all actively publishing climate scientist support the consensus on anthropogenic climate change, In the first few seconds of the video Dr Robson , who is a historian not a scientist misrepresents this by saying all scientists. But i'll give it a watch and get back to you Clive .

But i'm not expecting to see anything new.

The following scientific organizations endorse the consensus position that "most of the global warming in recent decades can be attributed to human activities":

but yes they agree the most but not all global warming is man made.

but of course now we know, the assassination was orchestrated by the CIA, and involved many high ranking government and security officials, the mafia and even the Vice President at the time Lyndon Johnson.
Again Clive that's far from the case A lot of theories abound but nothing concrete has ever emerged.

Congratulations you successfully debunked the myth that somebody somewhere doubts mankind has a detrimental effect on nature and the planet :clap::lol:

What people object to is the almost religious fervour surrounding the issue which has been promoted and embraced by the mighty as a vehicle for profitable returns .

Some of the most magnificent buildings on earth came to be by similar means and of course nobody ever goes to hell now do they .............. do they ? :lol:

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
The whole idea of 97% came from an analysis of 928 scientific papers by Naomi Oreskes (Professor of planetary science Harvard)
there was another paper published by John Cook from Queensland university and several other papers that looked at scientific papers to see if there was a consensus of opinion.
It was notably challenged by Earl J Ritchie in his 2016 paper, "Fact checking the claim of 97% consensus on anthropogenic climate change"
By the University of Houston energy fellows where Ritchie is/was lecturer in construction management.

Earl J. Ritchie is a retired energy executive and teaches a course on the oil and gas industry at the University of Houston. He has 35 years’ experience in the industry. He started as a geophysicist with Mobil Oil and subsequently worked in a variety of management and technical positions with several independent exploration and production companies. Ritchie retired as Vice President and General Manager of the offshore division of EOG Resources in 2007. Prior to his experience in the oil industry, he served at the US Air Force Special Weapons Center, providing geologic and geophysical support to nuclear research activities.

So we have an energy exec in a state of the US that relies heavily on the oil industry... All he is doing is splitting hairs. Maybe it isn't 97% maybe its 69% (I know immature :) ) The fact remains we have a wealth of evidence that shows climate change is real and is a result of humans.
We have Ice core samples taken from the frozen tundra, We have weather records from the central England temperature series that go back to 1659.
We have animal migration patterns, gardeners planting schedules a whole host of information from multiple sources from across the planet.
The change is happening. The major issue is if its influenced by humans... That's simple enough if you accept that plants remove co2 from the atmosphere and that plants die when you cut them down then you need to accept that deforestation has occurred globally on a huge scale in our lifetimes and before. So man must have some impact on warming the planet.
2019 was the 2nd hottest year on record, The hottest decade was the last one and the hottest 5 years were all in the last decade.

Now the sceptics can be skeptical, but there's actually no returns. So if the hippies are all wrong … What's the issue ? we've developed alternative sources of energy that don't damage the environment, Even if you ignore C02 and warming altogether then at least you're not producing smoke emissions. That's gotta be a good thing.

Science is always challenged because it shifts its position. That's seen by some as evidence to support their beliefs that its wrong altogether.
That doesn't make sense , Science is supposed to change its opinion in light of new evidence. This neatly brings me back to Covid.

Pfizer just advised that you can keep their vaccine at higher temperatures than the initially used in the vaccine trials.
They started out by saying the vaccine does not prevent you catching or spreading Covid, it stops you experiencing severe life threatening symptoms.
Now I've heard all sorts of bullshit chatter online that this means it cant be defined as a vaccine ...
According to date from Israel after receiving both Pfizer jabs only 0.04% of people became infected with Covid, amazing ! and for now they think that immunity remains for 3 months but this again will change when more data is collected.

It's fine to be cynical, It's fine not to trust governments, yours or anyone else's but going down the rabbithole into being skeptical about everything just leaves you unable to discriminate.
Yes they whacked Kennedy, Sure they dropped the WTC, Maybe they didn't land on the moon in 69. But Angela Merkl isn't a cannibal, Donald Trump isn't some sort of savoiur to save us from people who bang kids and eat them and the Queen isn't a shape shifting lizard (She's a parasitic tax dodging head of a crime family - ill accept that but not a reptilian)

They did not land on the moon. They landed on Mars by mistake but were too devious to admit it. JFK was not dead at that time. He fained death as he wanted to drive the lunar module in secret. Unfortunately he was hit by a stray bullet fired 67 million years ago by a bank robber in a far away galaxy. They buried him on Mars, returned to Earth and by a trick of time travel made us believe he was shot in Dallas years earlier.

Frank, you omitted to give credit to the important part Buzz Lightyear played in that.

Good Post.

I won't have a bad word said about the Queen though..

FRANK! GET SOME MORE POPCORN IN!!
Why not ? it's just emerged she & her son have for decades vetoed legislation that would affect their finances & privilege.Good job the UK has broken away from the EU and it's unelected & unaccountable powers. Popcorn ? a few tabs of acid might be more apropiate .
Feel free to roll another smoke grenade into the tent anytime you like Frank .

What people object to is the almost religious fervour surrounding the issue which has been promoted and embraced by the mighty as a vehicle for profitable returns
It might come as a surprise but i object to that too . the facts about climate change & how corporations/politicians react to it are not the same argument.

Getting back to the bug and the easing and lifting of the restrictions i know its early days i am totally sick and tired of the four walls that surround me so have to ask is there are there any future plans for some club camping meetings desperately need the aromatherapy of bbq wood smoke laughter and friendly people to share beers with i know i might be standing in front of a cannon as there are more important issues to deal with just need to see a glimpse of the glow worm

I'm actually sat here thinking i'm 48 and it might not be a bad thing if a wasted youth ensures i don't get to see much of the future . Maybe because the four walls reminded me of this

or maybe because i just lost 8 years no claims bonus by writing off a parked 10 year old VW Golf while i was doing about 3mph . I'm gonna tell insurance i've forgotten how to drive :doh:

Last edited:
Did wonder where the four walls came from and like you Shayne thinking I'm 48 but that I'm actually 61 so quite a few years left in you before brain starts farting and following through

Getting back to the bug and the easing and lifting of the restrictions i know its early days i am totally sick and tired of the four walls that surround me so have to ask is there are there any future plans for some club camping meetings desperately need the aromatherapy of bbq wood smoke laughter and friendly people to share beers with i know i might be standing in front of a cannon as there are more important issues to deal with just need to see a glimpse of the glow worm

I'm the same....

Been working through all of this so I'm lucky ....I've not missed going to shops , I've not missed going to pubs or eating out , I've not even missed flying round the world and holidays on boats round Greek islands...

What I have missed though is the simple pleasure of sitting round a fire, cooking stuff and talking crap with a great group of like minded mates then everyone drifting off as the night continues to sleep in their hammock , bivy , camp bed by the fire or whatever until the last ones awake or conscious make the fire safe and retire..... the next morning as if by magic someone will have coffee going , the fire rekindled , breakfast under way... some one will be tinkering under the bonnet of some vehicle and it will all have happed without anyone organising or directing things.... There is no price , no value that can be put on what on the face of it is a simple thing .

In my world I'm a millionaire because I have a group of friends from different walks of life who share that same feeling....and we are all counting the days until we can be up at our campsite together again ....

Patience ....we are getting there .... not many sleeps to go ;-)

Reminds me of some Motorcycle club weekends I was on (many years ago). The smell of woodsmoke is difficult to remove from your clothing :thumbup: .

Bob.

IMG_20210412_200307.jpg

Yup :cool:

Back