Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Your latest favourite tipple

Brian S

Country Flag
england
On my last trip to the land of Dragons and Pasties, I sampled a local (ish) brew
Tribute Pale Ale, and I must admit I could take to drinking more than would be good for me (hic :beer::beer::lol:)

A very smooth ale, very pleasant after taste 4.2% and went down rather too well

https://tributeale.co.uk/the-beer/

Im a man of habit with my lagers im afraid, but this time of year a decent port comes into the equation in front of the log burner with the wind whistling and the snow driving outside..

Im a man of habit with my lagers im afraid, but this time of year a decent port comes into the equation in front of the log burner with the wind whistling and the snow driving outside..

Certainly no crime in that CG, anything with a log burner and alcoholic beverage is good:thumbup:, your painting a very good picture with words :icon-biggrin:
Still drink Lagers, but don't have the taste for them like I used to, and Port with a nice Stilton, oh yes

I seem to go through phases with beer/lagers. My favourites currently are Singha and Tsingtao lagers. I was hooked on Bierra Morretti's for a while but the few brain cells I have left take a right pasting the morning after for some reason so I dropped them. On the Port/Sherry front I'm quite parshal to a glass or two of Sanatogen Tonic Wine. Quite strong too at 13%.

Edit...Forgot to mention Old Moor Porter from Acorn Breweries. Crammed with fibre and vitamins (that's my excuse anyway).

Last edited:
At the moment my favourite tipple is a G&T with ice and a slice. :occasion-balloons:

image.jpg

Btw Chas, the logo of the brewery is a phoenix...

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Had my guinness binge at Twickenham on Saturday but now back to carlsberg.

BTW Brian have you tried Dartmoor Legend? My new favourite Ale very smoth and even better than Jail Ale which takes some doing

Had my guinness binge at Twickenham on Saturday but now back to carlsberg.

BTW Brian have you tried Dartmoor Legend? My new favourite Ale very smoth and even better than Jail Ale which takes some doing

Who brews it Ben ? Draught or bottled, Have to look into that one,

After many years away from it i've returned to draft Guinness with much delight , but of course that will go tits up when i need some campfire beer .

Japanese Whisky ?
How does it compare to the Scottish stuff
I'm no connoisseur, but I do find this very smooth without that typical bite that you get from some whisky. This is not peaty either, which is my preference. Yamazaki was whisky of the year a few years ago, beating all the Scottish ones. This about £50 a bottle so not the most expensive. I have seen a £33k bottle, but that is just insane

Back