Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

90 steel bumper suggestions please .

Shayne

Guru
I have searched the web every evening for a week and found nothing that appeals to me , i don't want to make my own but it looks like i will have to unless one of you gentlemen can show me something i might have missed ?

Just avoid any fabricators in Hull....

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Gotcha Andy :icon-wink:

Yes Tommy AFN was a front runner because it lends itself to the 90's curved lines .

I haven't fitted one to a 90 series yet, fitted quite a few to 80's,100's and a few patrol ones, they are very good, if your going to overland show there will be a few AFN bumpers there so you see them in the flesh

Yeah i will be there and maybe they will look better in the flesh , my main want is for a bumper that looks like part of the bodywork rather than a bolt on girder .

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
AFN it is then, a few customers have had them colour coded witch looks good, I am tempted to colour code mine

Do rhino make one for the 90?
Friend got one for hilux and looks much better contouring than an ARB

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Think i have found a bumper at escape4x4 which is similar to the picture in my head , just hoping they are happy to sell it unfinished .

Well that was a dead end they can supply an unfinished bumper at a reduced price but delivery increases considerably ? no bars no , no lights ,no powder coating and no holes results in about a 70 quid saving over just clicking buy on their website :crazy:

My friend Rob has a nice looking one on his 90,or is it too much 'girder-style' ?:
SAM_5792.JPG

It does look good in that pic Firewout but its not what i want and besides they are a lot to pay when i will have to chop it up to make it fit anyway because i have a body lift . Making my own is the best option but sods law almost guarantees it will piss down every time i plug the welder in so i've been looking for a shortcut .

you could come over to Antwerp and use my welder and plasma cutter indoors...:icon-biggrin:

Does anyone know if the AFN bumpers mount on the chassis rails or where the body mount is in place of the 90's crash bar ?

Have you looked at 4most4x4 Shayne, they do a Collie bumper. Or fancy the pair off Lil Blue?

I have Trev they are identical to what world of bumpers offer , and yes i did remember your breaking Lil' Blue but i want to , as much as possible , retain the stock look of the truck and neither lend themselves to that .

To b honest Shayne. Personally in my opinion I don't think you will find anything that looks stock. I think that everything that is on the market looks like its an add on part.

I have always wanted to keep my truck stock looking on the front. With an 80 a winch can be hidden behind standard bumper.

I know i had quit looking deciding i will have to make my own until it occurred to me i hadn't looked for KZJ95 or KDJ90 bumpers which led me to a few vids which allow for a better view of the AFN i had decided against . Juries still out and it would need modifying but the bulk of it is there .

I know i had quit looking deciding i will have to make my own until it occurred to me i hadn't looked for KZJ95 or KDJ90 bumpers which led me to a few vids which allow for a better view of the AFN i had decided against . Juries still out and it would need modifying but the bulk of it is there .

If your half happy with it you can do your magic. As with your tent,you have made what you wanted and it works as you want it.

Aye and it will be nearly finished for a few years yet as well no doubt :lol:

Last edited:
Back