Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Lincomb 19th July

Hi Ben
its the deflator i would like please.
stu

Yes pls the inflator.

Stu I have the deflator and it works well but is a pain in the ass as you have to take the cap off, screw it on then unscrew the valve then deflate, then screw the valve back on and unscrew the gauge. It works well but not sure if its any quicker than using the tip of a pen and a gauge to check where you are.

The ARB deflator is simply a rebadged & repriced E-Z deflator - I got mine from these guys in the UK & they're very very helpful:

http://4x4overlander.com/tyre-equipment.html

I think he posted on here for a while - dunno how their prices compare these days but IIRC it was ~£20 cheaper than the ARB when I bought it. Ben has mine now as I inherited another one at some stage :whistle: Depending on prices, it may save Ben a bit of weight on his luggage allowance :icon-wink:

No disrespect Warren but I think they are brilliant devices & very easy to use :cool:

And hopefully see you at Lincomb II Ben :cool:

Gav I still use it as I got it cheap and have not bothered to find anything better yet. As you say it does a good job but just not the fastest in my eyes and not the best tool in my opinion if you want to just check tyre pressure.

Thanks Ed. :thumbup:

Just trying to work out if I can bring OME shock absorbers on a plane in my suitcase.

Their full of an inert gas under pressure. :think:

From memory it's a no...

From having a google I would say you are correct. It would seem the FIA have not got shocks on the list of banes goods but they will fall under the pressurised goods banner so it's highly likely they will not make it past security :(

Shipping might be the best bet but given the weight I would think it's going to cost.

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
When we fly with the bikes we deflate the tyres and shocks before they go into the hold

Sorry Ben, I want the deflator not the inflator. Read Warren's post and wrote a reply without thinking.

Hi Ben good quality after Market is good for me thanks a lot .
Be good to see you .
Tony.:thumbup:

No worries guys, I will get prices anyway. :icon-wink:

But I totally agree with what Gav said about the deflators just being re-badged ones and ARB being the more expensive re-badged ones!

Be good to see you again too Tony. :thumbup:

Warren I will get a price for shipping the shocks, but like you say probably wont be cheap. :|

Don't mind if the deflator is a rebranded product, I am just assuming the cost will be more reasonable if Ben sources it ;-)

Have a look at how much it would cost to send via Interparcel; I think you might be able to do it GST free (saving another 9%) if you do it as an export sale

We've used them to send boxes back to the UK and they've been good; 25kg Tea Chest picked up the day before we left Aus and reached us in the UK the day after we landed IIRC....

:thumbup:

The other thing I thought might be worth bringing back are the Doug's Tubs that fit in the glove boxes of 70's. I've not seen anyone selling them in the UK or Europe and as there a Piranha product we've got pallet loads at work. :icon-biggrin:

So if anyone wants one shout up. I know Rich expressed interest? :think:

I'm not looking to make any money on anything I bring back, just thought it would be nice to help you guys out if I can and I've got 25kg of baggage allowance. :thumbup:

That said................................

I wouldn't turn a beer down at Lincomb. :lol: :obscene-drinkingbu:

I dont mind what make aslong as it does the job.

Sure we can bring you a can of fosters ben.

stu

You owe me a fair few beers anyway. Does that mean your bringing me goodies back for free then lol

:lol:

Will bring you a present Karl. :icon-wink:

Just got to find something suitable. :lol:

I'm not looking to make any money on anything I bring back, just thought it would be nice to help you guys out if I can and I've got 25kg of baggage allowance. :thumbup:
Just wanted to confirm that my posting earlier about the UK chap wasn't intended to try & do Ben out of any business; I just thought that if the prices were close it would leave him more luggage allowance for other exotica :whistle:

Ye ye Gav.
You just can't let anyone make a shilling can you lol :violence-smack:

Was hoping you were going to treat me to something small Ben like a 40 series or something :icon-biggrin:

On a serious note. I'd like to know the cost of the air up and the air down tools please Ben.

I found the ARB ones for £40 yesterday i will try to find again uk supplier which seems a very good price.

Back