Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

120 Injectors: poor spray pattern / leaky. Replace or refurb

Re: 120 Injectors: poor spray pattern / leaky. Replace or re

Crispin - is the 120 a six cylinder? I didn't know that. I only had my 120 for 2 years and barely lifted the bonnet (company car, why should I look under there) but I never knew the 3.0 was a six.

Still very expensive if it's only four I appreciate. Mine was an early one and after 45k I was glad to be rid of it - simply because of the clattering it made. Lovely car in every other respect. But sounded like a washing machine full of spanners. I kept posting about it and was told 'Oh that's diesels' etc. No one believed me.

See I told you I was right!! Vindicated after so many years :whistle:

Chris

CP - did you transplant a petrol V6 into yours? Deep pockets, eh? Fuel costs no issue then??
:) :) :)

just wanted to see if other people actually come here... like a ghost town this section :violin:

Have you any hot start issues?

nudda. Never struggles to start. Hot, cold, all the same. Why?

Its an early indication of an injector fault on common rail engines.

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

nope, hot or cold, same thing. Not quite like the 80s ( :evil: they still annoy me with the click-running) but never struggles.

Crispin said:
nope, hot or cold, same thing. Not quite like the 80s ( :evil: they still annoy me with the click-running) but never struggles.

?

The 80s, they seem to start too easily. :cool:

They have Completely different fuel system's, the 120 has lots & lots of sensors which the must send correct signal's to the ECU as it is turning over before it will open the electronic side of the injectors, and the 80 has a 12volt starter getting 24volt pushed through it.

Back