Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

1990 FJ80R

Oldboysixfive65

Country Flag
australia
Last march we packed our cruiser and caught the Spirit across Bass Straight. Before leaving I noticed water had gone from overflow bottle. It proved to be the radiator being faulty. We traveled around a thousand klms then replaced radiator. Along the way we found new hoses for radiator. Had to replace aircon pulleys and belt. Arriving in Melbourne we bought ourselves an 6 x 4 tradesmans trailer. I built a frame on the trailer and transfered the roof top tent to trailer. That way when we stopped we could use the cruiser. The 100watt 12volt solar panel worked very well. On journey I adjusted front left hand side wheel bearing and steering box. Steering is so much better. We covered 19000klms traveling around Australia. On the way back to Melbourne to catch Spirit home to Tasmania we were 200klms out of Melb when we heard a loud noise. We pulled off the highway. I found the rear right hand shock absorber had lost it lower bolt and dropped onto the road. I put shock back in place and tied off with 8mm automotive wire and two zip ties and drove on. We replaced bolt and washer in Melbourne. Our trip was fantastic. Next year we are heading into the desert.

Lets have some pic's cos we dont believe it without piccies ;)

That sounds like a very long and interesting story of trials and tribulations, made short!

As above, where's the photos! I'm sure you could relate a lot more with some subsequent interesting posts..... Please.... :pray:

Back