Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

2007 land cruiser lhd

Michelle Michelle

Country Flag
uk
hi all
Have a question hope someone can help me as I have a long drive shortly
My 2007 land cruiser has had flat battery only changed battery in September last year
Charged it up and noticed a red car light continues to flash with key out.
I have been checking book and it is a imobillzer problem
Says change the fuse
Wanted someone to confirm the number fuse it is and the voltage as I have it I think but need someone to co firm it for me dcd 5 door
Hope someone can give me a hand
Thanks in advance

Hi Michelle and Welcome. I’ve no idea which fuse it is but there should be a list in ‘the book’, if not, locate the fuse box and pull and inspect each fuse in turn.
The best way to check a fuse has blown is with a continuity tester or multimeter set to continuity (buzzer) or resistance but you may see if one has blown just by looking at it through the side. Assuming you find one blown, note the colour and the number on it which is the current rating (the voltage is not important) and replace with the same rating which will usually be the same colour.

This is just generic advice so it may help to post your question on the 120 or 150 section as appropriate where you may well get some more specific advice.

Best wishes
Rich

Hi Michelle and Welcome. I’ve no idea which fuse it is but there should be a list in ‘the book’, if not, locate the fuse box and pull and inspect each fuse in turn.
The best way to check a fuse has blown is with a continuity tester or multimeter set to continuity (buzzer) or resistance but you may see if one has blown just by looking at it through the side. Assuming you find one blown, note the colour and the number on it which is the current rating (the voltage is not important) and replace with the same rating which will usually be the same colour.

This is just generic advice so it may help to post your question on the 120 or 150 section as appropriate where you may well get some more specific advice.

Best wishes
Rich
Hi
Thanks I put it on the ones you said I’m all new about this forum thing and my garage is in Spain and I’m in uk so finding hard to find out about this
Thanks for you’re tine

Thank you
Do you know what number fuse it is for the imoblizer I have the red car on dash flashing even without keys in so I was told it could be the fuse blown my new battery went flat and I assume it was this continuous flashing light as I don’t drive it much while in uk I use it to drive back to Spain I have charged battery then notice this red car on dash Gladis with no keys in
Any help would be good as I don’t trust to many garages in london want to have a idea what the problem is b4 I have to go or change fuses first
Never had one problem with my car since I bough it new thanks in advance

The red car symbol will flash if the key is not in the ignition switch and the car is unlocked, it goes solid (unflashing) when the car is locked, and disappears when the engine is running. Looking at that fuse (F11), it also does the seat belt warning light on the dash, so if that's still working it's not the fuse. If the car has been parked up for long periods without a decent run, it might just be that the battery has gone flat, there is always a bit of a drain.

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
If left for a long time it’s worth leaving a C Tek charger connected just to maintain the battery in tip top condition. They are excellent chargers.

Back