Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

285 75 16 BFGoodrich KM2s Fitted

Geordie Paul said:
I am really pleased with how they look :dance: :D :thumbup:
Yeah, they look much better than my same size Kumho winter tires. They are on the 80 series steel wheels (8x16).
285nastakumitbb3.jpg

Geordie Paul said:
Quick update, following the Iron Man suspension lift at the weekend i finally managed to get the 285s on tonight. Had to remove the front mud flaps and hammer the seam (think thats how you spell it :think: ) in a bit but they quite well. It was dark when i finished so did not get any pictures taken. I will post them tomorrow. Very pleased with the results :dance:

Think i will try and get some spring spacers for the front to try and level the truck up a bit. Definitely sits higher at the back :think:

I orderd 4 BFG muds before. I dont think the new Km2's are that great. Same happened when GoodYear brought out the Wrangler MTR, everyone was bying them but was dissapointed with the life and grip. I had a set and was verry dissapointed.

amandrew325 said:
I orderd 4 BFG muds before. I dont think the new Km2's are that great. Same happened when GoodYear brought out the Wrangler MTR, everyone was bying them but was dissapointed with the life and grip. I had a set and was verry dissapointed
I’m afraid that I’m going to have to whole heartedly disagree with your statement that the new BFGoodrich KM2 Mud Terrains are not as good as the older style KM1’s. I’ve found mine to be very well mannered on the black stuff with a very acceptable level of road noise (certainly quieter than my old Cooper STT’s). They also have very acceptable grip on the black stuff in the wet & also perform well in the snow, I know all of this because I own a set that I’ve in a controlled way pushed hard in all of these conditions in order to be more aware of their characteristics’ & as I say all has been very acceptable.

Now in the mud I also think that the KM2’s perform better than the original BFGoodrich KM1’s as this picture I’m sure demonstrates.

P1070233.jpg

P1070236.jpg

P1070239.jpg

The LR90 is running a set of 255/85/16 BFG KM1’s the same exact size of my KM2’s, he has KAM front & rear lockers fitted & the vehicle in terms of power, size, clearances etc is a very good match to my Fiery.

He got stuck requiring a good 20min of winching, but once he was clear I drove straight through.

In my mind apart from the difference in manufacture of vehicles the only difference between us is the tyres.

The exact opposite of what you’re suggesting

I couldn’t comment on the Wrangler MTR’s as I’ve never owned a set of the old or new versions so I’ll have to take your word for what you are saying with regards to those.

With regards the the life of the KM2’s you should have a search on some of the American sites & see what they are saying as they have been available in America for much longer than here in the UK, they are reporting many 10,000’s of miles of life from them.

I'll let you know how they perform on the loose gravel & rocks as we are off to Wales this weekend for a bit of dirty fun :D

sae70 said:
amandrew325 said:
I orderd 4 BFG muds before. I dont think the new Km2's are that great. Same happened when GoodYear brought out the Wrangler MTR, everyone was bying them but was dissapointed with the life and grip. I had a set and was verry dissapointed
I’m afraid that I’m going to have to whole heartedly disagree with your statement that the new BFGoodrich KM2 Mud Terrains are not as good as the older style KM1’s. I’ve found mine to be very well mannered on the black stuff with a very acceptable level of road noise (certainly quieter than my old Cooper STT’s). They also have very acceptable grip on the black stuff in the wet & also perform well in the snow, I know all of this because I own a set that I’ve in a controlled way pushed hard in all of these conditions in order to be more aware of their characteristics’ & as I say all has been very acceptable.

Now in the mud I also think that the KM2’s perform better than the original BFGoodrich KM1’s as this picture I’m sure demonstrates.

P1070233.jpg

P1070236.jpg

P1070239.jpg

The LR90 is running a set of 255/85/16 BFG KM1’s the same exact size of my KM2’s, he has KAM front & rear lockers fitted & the vehicle in terms of power, size, clearances etc is a very good match to my Fiery.

He got stuck requiring a good 20min of winching, but once he was clear I drove straight through.

In my mind apart from the difference in manufacture of vehicles the only difference between us is the tyres.

The exact opposite of what you’re suggesting

I couldn’t comment on the Wrangler MTR’s as I’ve never owned a set of the old or new versions so I’ll have to take your word for what you are saying with regards to those.

With regards the the life of the KM2’s you should have a search on some of the American sites & see what they are saying as they have been available in America for much longer than here in the UK, they are reporting many 10,000’s of miles of life from them.

I'll let you know how they perform on the loose gravel & rocks as we are off to Wales this weekend for a bit of dirty fun :D

Second that! :thumbup:

Back