Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

30 MPG from an 80 ?

Yeah, same with my 120, If I go any where above 60 mph, then kiss 30 mpg goodbye
It is very hard and needs good disipline from me to get 30, mpg.
and I am always in a rush, and then 70 mph seems so slow even.
so as soon as I loose the plot, then that tank full just gets caned, and that tank is generally drained very fast at 100 mph, and then I will try again for the next tank. :mrgreen:

I know if I just do 70 mph, then the mpg is perhaps only 26 - 27 and all the wishfull thinking aint going to make my LC do 30 mpg at 70 mph :roll:

Graham

So whats the expected tank range on one of these, on reading this thread it will be better than my old 3.1 trooper

jjcymru said:
So whats the expected tank range on one of these, on reading this thread it will be better than my old 3.1 trooper
the light is on before i get to 360 miles thats when i usually fill up, some say they get 400+

I always stick 75 litres in mine, reset the clock & average over 400 miles. I refilled yesterday & got 436 before the light came on :cool:

if i fill up i get 400 or just under when i first got it i drove like a granny and i got 450 out of a tank

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Full tank and I get 300 miles motorway driving (70mph) or less if it includes round town driving.... :shock:

:lol: If you take into account the oil I'm losing then it's probably best to work in gallons per mile :lol:

You should call your truck 'Exxon Valdez' :lol: :lol:

Only joshing dude - are you managing to stem the flow?

In my 120 series, if not much town driving, then 500 miles isnt too difficult..

How big is the tank on the 80 series ?

Graham

I think it's 90 litres but from light on empty to full takes approx 75 litres on mine.

80 series tank takes 95l with the light supposed to come on at 20l remaining.

Jon Wildsmith said:
80 series tank takes 95l with the light supposed to come on at 20l remaining.
I usually get around 300 miles from full to light on, best ever was 333, and I once had to drive 20 miles with the light on before I found a garage :shock: and I wasn't carrying a spare pair of trousers :lol:
Chas

Cossack said:
I usually get around 300 miles from full to light on, best ever was 333, and I once had to drive 20 miles with the light on before I found a garage :shock: and I wasn't carrying a spare pair of trousers :lol:
Chas
If you usually put about 75l in when the light comes on Chas then you have about 80 miles to go with the light on at your mpg ;)

Jon Wildsmith said:
Cossack said:
Chas
If you usually put about 75l in when the light comes on Chas then you have about 80 miles to go with the light on at your mpg ;)
That was the first time I had to drive any distance with the light on and I had no idea how long the reserve would last :? would there be a problem if you let the tank run dry :o and then filled from a jerry can, just to see exactly how many miles can be done on reserve :?: or would the fuel system need 'bleeding'
Chas

Running it dry would do the IP much good but you could run it dry and then re-prime using the little pump on top of the fuel filter. Would probably be ok to do this once but I wouldn't make a habit of it :cool:

My consumption isnt that great either on my 90.

Sure, I've got a roof rack and some bigger tyres now, but I got some pretty bad figures recently.

Other than driving style, weight etc, why would the consumption differ between two cruisers?

What can be done to improve consumption?

ignat said:
Other than driving style, weight etc, why would the consumption differ between two cruisers?
I think those are most of the factors responsible. Sometimes people up the fuelling on the injection pump for more power - this could explain why otherwise identical 80s have different consumption rates.

ignat said:
What can be done to improve consumption?
Driving more slowly is usually the biggest improvement....but the hardest to do :lol:

Andrew Prince said:
Driving more slowly is usually the biggest improvement....but the hardest to do :lol:

Lifes to short for driving slowly.... hence why fuel consumption is cr4p :lol:

Back