Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

4.2TD VX Amazon with some goodies on it...

Doodle

Garage
...but I wonder if the price is just a little steep?

It's local to me, so I've been curious to go take a peek.

Link

A little steep I hear you say.

Gra.

I went to look at this one. It wasn't available, place locked shut. But I did manage several calls with them and made an offer. A fair offer as well. Story is that it belongs to an owner of a large accident repair centre who has more cars than I have camp stoves. The garage gave me a break down of that the fella claims to have spent on it. Well I politely pointed out that this was all BS. The Warn winch was £3000. Really? I see. You mean that some one like Footloose charged him that to supply and fit an ARB bumper and a winch more like. So then he told me that he'd had offers of 12k from the trade. Oh really, what the carpet trade? Who would buy at that price in the trade.

So long and short is that I have tried to buy this with cash and been flatly refused. The owner simply doesn't need to sell it. So it's top money or it'll just sit there. It's a private sale so the garage isn't really in need of shifting it. It really is a shame as to be honest it's 100% what I am after. I totted up the individual cost and sorry but it simply doesn't come to that price. There are some very tidy 80's around at places like Oakleigh actually and others that I could buy, fit the ARB, OME and BFG and still come out with change on that price.

I keep checking in from time to time hoping that he'll sell it to me just to shut me up!

Chris

I'm only 10 mins down the road. Want me to go and nag a little more? :whistle:

Back