Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

4x4 Expo ( former donington show)

Seagull-russ

Country Flag
uk
hey all, did any1 attend? saw number of cruisers in the outside car section but randomly placed. what were your thoughts? new venue, new name..

I saw Chris, rosy and Kb and Roy. Spent a total of £13 quid. Had I not made a bit of a large purchase the other day I think i'd have bought a winch but that will have to wait till next year.
Oh and the cheeky gestapo B*****ds must have got me on the way back just after the roundabout.

Not really a new venue, it's been there before. I guess it's to do with availability of the venue. There were several notable companies missing and some that were there had a pretty poor showing. I'd be pretty pissed if I'd travelled a lot further to visit. OK I bought some bits and saw Rosy and Nick plus made a new contact for a fabricator close to me oh and also converted a new Colorado owner to the site. Aside from that? Pretty pants.

Passed project Mush on the way home.

Not really a new venue, it's been there before. I guess it's to do with availability of the venue. There were several notable companies missing and some that were there had a pretty poor showing. I'd be pretty pissed if I'd travelled a lot further to visit. OK I bought some bits and saw Rosy and Nick plus made a new contact for a fabricator close to me oh and also converted a new Colorado owner to the site. Aside from that? Pretty pants.

Passed project Mush on the way home.
I didn't think it was too bad a show, I got a few bits-recovery boards, tyre repair kit and some other bits. Dad got some bits for his land rover and my mate did for his disco. Was some alright stuff to think "i wish i could afford that". Didn't see you Chris? I can only assume you over took me as I'm slow and steady in the cruiser. I've passed you a few times on Sunday going down Manchester road but I was in van (undercover)

I did set out for the show and I got almost as far as Birmingham before deciding I was too tired to face another 50 or so miles plus the 180 back home so I turned round and probably saved money I didn't have on more 4x4 goodies.

Blue Hilux Josh Just as you joined the A50 with two Discos behind you.

You've passed me a few times? Manchester Road? No idea where that is but I doubt that was me. My Cruiser is in storage and has been since the Summer.

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Missed Chris, but only got there at 2.15pm and left by 3.30. Got some bits and made a contact with someone to try and fab up some side steps for the 105. Got some awning poles and bits. But agree with Chris, if it wasent for meeting up with folks, that would have been a wasted trip really not worth the 3 hr drive up. Wasent really a whole lot going on.

But it was good meeting up.

Blue Hilux Josh Just as you joined the A50 with two Discos behind you.

You've passed me a few times? Manchester Road? No idea where that is but I doubt that was me. My Cruiser is in storage and has been since the Summer.
Yeah one of the discos was my mate the other must have been a tag along haha. Oh right, I guess not then! It's a very large silver 80 with some grand looking kit on it, roof tent rear wheel carriers big lift. God knows who it is then?

Curious. Sounds like mine, but I'm not about. Car not been out for two months at least so if you've seen it very recently deff not me. Only single wheel carrier though.

Back