Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

4x4 Newbie

McLean Racing

Country Flag
uk
Hi guys, im John, 25, from the Northants area in the UK. Ive just bought my first 4x4 after moving from a Lexus is200. Its a 1998 3.0tdgx Colorado with 164,000 on the clock, fsh and in mint condition. I bought it mainly for its towing capacity as ive got a 20ft box trailer that i use for motorbike drag racing. So far im enjoying the drive, like driving a big armchair lol :icon-biggrin:

1390610_10151861875104352_1777956235_n.jpg

1489128_10151861874969352_764172441_n.jpg

And heres 1 of the 2 bikes we race, this one is my personal bike

1468520_10151789402859352_2011632343_n.jpg

Welcome to the club!

The white one's a 2 x 1 :lol:

Misspent a lot of my late teens at SantaPod, not racing, just spectating, long time ago now :icon-cry:.

Welcome to the club!

The white one's a 2 x 1 :lol:

Misspent a lot of my late teens at SantaPod, not racing, just spectating, long time ago now :icon-cry:.

Ive spent most of the last 8 years at Santa Pod :lol: been going there since i was 4 tho, i remember the old barn, and when the pits were only 100ft wide and the rest was grass lol

Oil-cooled Gixxer...drag racer's favourite :thumbup:

Welcome John,
Nice clean truck, awesome looking bike!!
Just worked out it was 1992 the last time I was at santa pod for the bug jam lol

You can't tow that bike behind a standard truck it just wouldn't be right , so when does the LC start getting modified :icon-wink:

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Welcome John.

you found us then:thumbup:

Now the drag bike is a fair bit of kit. Cruiser looks nice hope it works for you and your towing.

Used to live behind Santa Pod many moons ago - mate had a farm up there too. Had a lot of fun digging up ww2 plane bits ;). Nice LC and nice bike yum yum
Steve

Hi and welcome to the club
You are a braver man an than me to ride that bike
You may know a guy I know from Spalding mick winyard
Not seen him for a year or so but he is into drag bikes
David

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

We used to hang on the chain link fence that was about 5 yards away from the start line. The noise was deafening, so much so that you could only feel it through your chest. That must have been back in the early 70's. I can't imagine how the place must be by now, different for sure! It wasn't safe at all, some engines used to blow con rods or whatever on the start, and we would get pelted with shrapnel and oil spray!

Welcome indeed.Nice Collie, very presentable :icon-biggrin:. I went to the European Finals a couple of years ago on the sunday, what an experience.

Andy

Cheers guys, the LC will be staying pretty much as it is apart from i may get a rear spoiler and have the whole car spray wrapped when i get my trailer done in a few weeks, then stickered up with sponsors etc. O and i need to give it a good wash, polish and wax for now lol

Hi and welcome to the club
You are a braver man an than me to ride that bike
You may know a guy I know from Spalding mick winyard
Not seen him for a year or so but he is into drag bikes
David

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

Funny enough, i race against Mick in the same class.............however we dont get on with each other lol

Mmmm Mick can be some what odd lol

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk

Back