Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

6.0L Chevvy 80 series. I s**t you not.

Chris

Super Moderator
Supporter
Garage
Country Flag
great_britain
I want one I want one I want one I want one ..

So which 80 are you going to drop the 6.0L into? :)

At those speeds vehicles often don't last long, it's very difficult to read the ground fast enough. Looking at the axle movement I'd be looking at long travel independent suspension, less unsprung weight and more control.

Fun nevertheless! (Although you'll do well to find a suitable playground for that kind of toy on this island, without entering some seriously top level competitions).

In Oz they put Chevy 6.5TD engines in Land Cruisers when the standard power just isn't enough.

Just looks like when the wife drives mine :lol:

That does look rather quick!!

Can't imagine you doing those speeds in P&P sites Chris :) You'd kill yourself

Looks like shed loads of fun though.

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
I don't buy the argument that solid axles are so much less stable than IS, and you have the added advantage of the articulation at, let's say, more conservative offroad speeds, that we're more used to!

What a beast, imagine not only coming out of the Lincomb bog-hole, but getting "air" into the bargain! :lol:

Cool :icon-cool:

Last edited:
I don't buy the argument that solid axles are so much less stable than IS, and you have the added advantage of the articulation at, let's say, more conservative offroad speeds, that we're more used to!

What a beast, imagine not only coming out of the Lincomb bog-hole, but getting "air" into the bargain! :lol:

Cool :icon-cool:

Solid axles are nothing like as good for fast off road use over rough terrain. Note the terrain in the vid is relatively flat. Anything more serious would have it bouncing about all over the place. Just look at the competition vehicles in the Dakar. They all have IS, even the trucks!
I hope the transmission has been beefed up on those 80's. Cant see them lasting long if they're standard. JMO

never raced or rallied so they say! :eusa-shhh: lady owner, a local convent girl.........dont care want it!

Last edited:
:drool: now that's my kind of 4x4 both the vehicle and the terrain :icon-cool: win it or bin it :icon-twisted:

Bugger the practicality - just listen to the motor! Got a 440 CU IN in the garage, wonder if it'll fit the Cruiser...:whistle:

Back