Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

80 diff lock into 90.

AndycruiserguyLomas

Supporter
Guru
Country Flag
england
On my Collie not too surprisingly the diff lock on the rear axle was in a bad state so as I had a front 80 diff lock actuator like new on an axle I bought about 10 years ago and kept inside I thought ( knowing they are basically interchangeable) that I would swap it into the Collie rear as I am trying to get everything working as it should before I start to use it full time.
Has anyone done this before? apart from swapping the 80 plug for the 90 one do all the wires connect in the same positions or is there any wire swapping to do?

Seen better days!!

IMG_0558_zpsg6fgivtw.jpg

IMG_0559_zpsaqdnptq0.jpg

Thanks

Can't help you with the answer Andy, but see what you mean by the old 90 one, a little past its best days, that one :?

My front locker on the 80 was just the same, but the rear one was (and still is) as goo as new (ish).

Strange

The Collies only have one on the back axle Clive. The actuator is like new but wont seem to take to the 90's signals to work at the moment. Its just like the same coloured wires have a different function on a 90 to an 80 which is strange.

Andy I was under the impression that it was plug and play other than a different style of plug, have you checked the switch is working?

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Yes Ed, however I was trying it in 4H centre diff position not realising it heeded to be in 4L. when I selected L it worked and its all installed now. It was pointed out to me by Chris. So now I know, its a swap plug and go. Many thanks to all who have helped me on this one.

No Waaaay? You mean it was in 2 wheel drive? Ha ha.

Glad I could help

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Ha, ha! First step of troubleshooting....

Try switching it on... :lol:

I assumed with the centre diff locked the rear would activate in either high or low, obviously not.

Back