80 series gullwings rear windows

I think that there are several features of the door:
Access
Security
Strength
Privacy
Multi functionality
etc
But the key one is ease of access into the rear compartment. Whilst stealth sounds cool, it not really emphasising the benefit of the product.
Hatch is a good word though. Maybe Space Hatch, Cargo Hatch, Quick Hatch, Rapid Hatch, Easy Hatch, or something would convey. Hey maybe Multi Hatch. Mulltee Hatch.

Gullwing Cargo Hatch is probably the most snappy.

I propose the title of this thread is changed to 80 series Gullwing Cargo Hatch.

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Snatch is one of my favourite movies, but it may not be considered appropriate as the name of the product in the circumstances of Rich's concerns about references to feminine accoutrements. :shifty:

Please treat this post as completely irrelevant to the very serious discussion in process.

I like "Gullwing Cargo Hatch" too, and you could spell cargo with a "K" if you were so inclined (but I can't think of a good reason to do so...).

There's "Stow Hatch" or "Gullwing Stow Hatch" which hasn't been mentioned....

OK, OK, I'm already in the corner with my "D" hat on...

I like cargo as we have cargo barriers so a cargo hatch would twin nicely. Sorry Kargo-hatch.

Car-Go-Hatch
Kar-Go-Hatch
Ka-Go-Hatch
Car GoHatch
GoHatch
CarGoHatch

CarGoHatch
Retrofit Access for 4x4s
?
Or Smart Access for 4x4s
Or Easy Access for 4x4s
Or Retrofit Vehicle Access
(I ruled out 'Rear Access for 4x4s' :icon-surprised:)

R.E.M.E

Rear Entry Made Easy.

OK I think that to mess with Cargo is a mistake. This isn't about a Car or about Go. It's about bloomin cargo. I wouldn't try to break up the word. Fine if you made them for dozens of different vehicles it could the the Car Go-hatch. But you don't, so it's not. Stop it.

You want people to say 'does what it says on the tin' so the name needs to mean something. Hatch isn't quite the right word, but flap just has too much of a challenge. I thought about Molle Hatch-it but then people will get them confused with that Canadian rock band.

Of course you could have the Gullwing Hatch-it

hmmmm... i hope we have them here in Philippines...
Thanks Ayi, I can ship them but even though they are all aluminium, they still weigh in at 20kg or so so shipping may well be a bit on the high side. I can look into it if you like though I wouldn't know about any import tax or duty.

Thanks.

But taxes in my country is a bit sky high. how much would if be including shipping? 1700 is my post code.

Thanks.

But taxes in my country is a bit sky high. how much would if be including shipping? 1700 is my post code.
Hmm, it's looking a bit sky high on shipping too Ayi, probably in the region of another £75-£85 on top. So £620 to £630 for a pair plus any import tax and duty your end. I've not been able to find surface shipping yet which would no doubt be cheaper.

Edit- all I can find is higher prices so far and I would need to check insurance cover if this hasn't made you run screaming for the hills.

Last edited:
The StarCruiser part can just be branding, you don't necessarily have to create a company of that name.

Wasn't Easy Stow where we started Rich? We've had so many suggestions.

Back