Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

80 series gullwings rear windows

Hi Paul, that's great to hear, thank you. If you find you want any Molle panels when you get back, I expect I'll have got close to getting some made by then. :icon-rolleyes: Such is the time these things take.

Have a great trip and look forward to hearing all about it. :thumbup:
Best
Rich

Every one I meet love my/your Gullwings .

Richard - one of the next steps you take will have to be to get some sort of branding on these. There must be loads of people noticing them and unable to find out any more about them.

Err, yes, well… :whistle:

You are both, of course, absolutely right, along with a website, and start selling them on eBay. Perhaps start another company with the right name to start selling them from.
Chris has, for some considerable time, been telling me to do this. It just hasn't got to the top of the pile that's all. And do I really want to be doing this?

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
@StarCruiser Wow..those look awesome! A great piece of design and engineering..

@Chris are those the same ones you had on the truck at Lincomb?

Yes, there's only one UK supplier of the Space Wing, Flap thing.

I can honestly say that they have changed my life.

Sheesh, I need a new agent.

Rosy, thank you. They took their time but folks seem to love 'em. Mk2 versions are on the drawing board.

Chris, interesting, can you recall the name on the top of my list?

Rich what changes are there, are they interchangeable?
The changes are in the way they are made plus the doors themselves will have a slightly bigger panel gap to take account of the tolerance problems encountered this time, especially where some trucks have had rust repaired around the opening.

These will only be subtle differences so they will be interchangeable, especially for the Molle panel which will be a universal fit.

Was it Space Doors? The Gullwing Space Door MkI

Was it Space Doors? The Gullwing Space Door MkI
That's the one that sticks in the mind isn't it Chris. The other one that I (we?) liked has eluded me since we spoke. Not memorable.
It was 'Stowaway doors' which I'm beginning to go off.

I liked Stow-a-way. Or was it stealth flaps?

I do think I need to avoid anything that could be confused with a ladies sanitary product…

Stow-a-Way is probably the best I have so far.

So the Molle would the Stow-a-way Pad then?

I do think I need to avoid anything that could be confused with a ladies sanitary product…

Stow-a-Way is probably the best I have so far.

That would rule out anything with wings, flaps, pads or any references to them being slim or discrete.... the list of exclusions could be endless :lol:

You are clearly on my wavelength there Clive. Chris…go and stand in the corner…:icon-rolleyes:

What will be the most commonly searched phrase used on the net when searching for such a product ?

Landcruiser gullwing UK perhaps , the name can't be protected so keep it simple , it takes many years and lots of pennies to become a recognized brand name so why bother when you supply a product that is not easily come by anyway .

No need to get your knickers in a knot

Back