Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

80 Series rear Gullwing Doors

Thanks Clive, when you see them fitted and a happy customer it makes all the struggling worthwhile.
Well there's at least one happy customer here, they've been out in the rain today and NO leaks :dance: can't wait for your inside bits now Rich. :pray:

Thanks Chas, good to hear. Once I get these out the door and myself straight again I'll get on with the Molle panel (internal back of door fixing panel) kit. [emoji4]

I was like a little child Friday morning when I went to pick mine up from Chas (thanks) As promised here is pictures of my install.
009.JPG
011.JPG
020.JPG
022.JPG
They are great thanks Richard.

Lookin' good Paul. Glad they went in ok. [emoji4]

Good things come to those who wait; they look even better than I thought they would turn out.

Thanks Ed, that's nice to hear. [emoji4] Three more pairs went out just now by courier for delivery Wednesday.
Hopefully there will be some more photos from happy customers in the coming weeks/months.

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
According to UK Mail, two pairs of Gullwing doors are with their new owners and one is with their fitters. [emoji4] All good and hopefully undamaged. [emoji4]

:whistle: Wonder who that might be ...

Whoever it is Clive I bet they were fitted within an hour of delivery. I know mine would be...

Mine arrived :icon-biggrin: Unfortunately I won't get to fit them till May as we're just off to Spain and Portugal for a month. A little frustrating but I'll survive....

Hi Lorin, thanks for letting me know. Hope you have a great trip. You'll have plenty of time to get 'em in when you get back. [emoji4]

Words not really necessary other than those to congratulate Rich on some outstanding fabrication.

Screen Shot 2016-03-31 at 15.13.44.jpgScreen Shot 2016-03-31 at 15.13.55.jpgScreen Shot 2016-03-31 at 15.14.04.jpgScreen Shot 2016-03-31 at 15.14.50.jpg

Looking good Chris, and thanks for your words. Looks like yours and Paul's were both fixed window.

They look great, well done getting them made.

Does this mean there's an abundance of fixed windows going spare now :think:

Not long at all
Getting the window in took less than 5 minutes
Bottom in push window and pull cord round
Getting old window out was longer because my cargo system was in the way

think I may have a similar cargo system issue, is there a knack to it?

I've used plastic window packers but something without their ridges would be better. About half a dozen is all you really need. I used a paint scraper with a bit of gaffer tape around the blade to soften it to get things started. The main thing I guess is perhaps only having access with one arm at a time when using two hands is most useful.
Fitting can be done from the outside through the aperture without too much trouble.

Back