Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

80 Series rear Gullwing Doors

Basically used one special window seal tool and my fingers. Used a second plastic tool at the very beginning. I started in the top corner by the C pillar by the middle row seats. I worked toward the back a little then down the vertical a little than back to the top, then along the bottom. So it's little by little and once you're halfway the window just peels out.

Gary mines available

Tbh as much as the sliding ones are a pita when they leak I do use them, have thought about swapping to fixed but other stuff to be changed/added first.
Cheers for the offer though.

I plan to take Chas' sliders off his hands, my frames are damaged.

I too use the sliding windows, a bit reluctant to consider changing to fixed.

Fitted and looking great. Better than expected. Cheers Rich

Attachments

• tmp_21412-20160410_1112361852400257.jpg
    tmp_21412-20160410_1112361852400257.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 58
  • tmp_21412-20160410_111127-1036653350.jpg
    tmp_21412-20160410_111127-1036653350.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 54
Thanks Tom, they do look great against the white of your truck. Yours were sliding windows, did you use black tape on the plastic grille trim?

They look spot on Rich. Perfect job. Well done.

I may be interested in any fixed windows complete with rubbers if anyone wants to pm me with a price.

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
They look spot on Rich. Perfect job. Well done.

I may be interested in any fixed windows complete with rubbers if anyone wants to pm me with a price.

Thanks Karl.
The rubbers get reused, the glass is surplus or retained on the fixed setup. On a sliding set, the complete unit with rubbers is replaced by the gullwings.

Love these units, they do look fantastic on the trucks, well done Rich! :thumbup:

When you come to pick up your stuff Clive you can come and drool over mine, I'll provide the tissues. :lol:

No i didnt really understand what you meant by the tape Rich. It all went in great and fitted exactly how the windows were.

No i didnt really understand what you meant by the tape Rich. It all went in great and fitted exactly how the windows were.

It was just to cover the join between the plastic vent moulding and the paintwork. As it happens, Mr T has made quite a nice job of it anyway. The main thing is that you're happy with them as they are so if you don't need the tape it doesn't matter.

When you come to pick up your stuff Clive you can come and drool over mine, I'll provide the tissues. :lol:

Im going to need them too Chas, sorely tempted to get some, but what for? Just because they're ace! :thumbup:

Im going to need them too Chas, sorely tempted to get some, but what for? Just because they're ace! :thumbup:

What better reason is there Clive…[emoji3]

Seriously, they wouldn't suit Ana. She would be in the dark and we couldn't have that. [emoji20]

@Pumpy Have Trevor and Ed fitted your gullwings yet Pete? If so how did they get on?Any feedback appreciated.

Mine are nearly worn out with people gawping at them ....

Mine are nearly worn out with people gawping at them ....
:)
I'll send you some new hinges :)

Be good when I can get a sensible price for the Molle panel. Had a quote of £110 each which I know is a non starter. They are so stupid busy at the moment that I've got to get time to go in and have a chat to see how I can modify the design to get them easier to make. Plus that was one off despite me saying there would be a number of them.

@Pumpy Have Trevor and Ed fitted your gullwings yet Pete? If so how did they get on?Any feedback appreciated.

workload escalated with the whole engine rebuild thing, looks like the storage system needs to come out to fit them too, so we ran out of time. I'll have a go myself, hopefully before we go off to the Alps in 3 weeks, but the truck still needs some fettling which will be taking priority.

I can understand that Pete. If you can get a hand in alongside your storage system at the top of the window then you should be able to peel back the rubber with your hands and some short tools. It will be a fiddle but depending on your storage system it may well be doable. Fitting the frame after will be much easier as this can be done through the aperture.

Ok folks, time to pop your names down if you are wanting some of these ere (insert name here) loverly Gullwing doors. :icon-biggrin:

I'm flexible on timing and these are probably going to be around in the new year. As before, no absolute commitment but I would hope those that put their names down are going to have them when done. Looking for a few names to start the ball rolling and get a feel for batch size. Just copy this post, add your forum name and delete the quote marks and all my waffle. :)

Last edited:
Back