Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

80 Series rear Gullwing Doors

Hi LX and welcome.
Not too late at all. I’ll send you a pm.

1, Nick, fbnss GMR x2
2, Steve, steverjuk GMR x2
3, Tom Burnet
4, Rob, RobfromYork GMR x2
5, DandyLandy GR x2
6, Trev GM x2 (already have rubbers)
7. Jonesysi G
8, Felix (2566) GMR x2
9, Karl Hunt GR x2

One pair left. :shifty:

Update time.
Doors are completed and painted and have been delivered.
All other parts are with me except hinges.

@LX450 you have a PM.
Looks like Tom Burnet has left so there’s two sets remaining.

1, Nick, fbnss GMR x2
3, Rob, RobfromYork GMR x2
4, DandyLandy GR x2
5, Trev GM x2 (already have rubbers)
6. Jonesysi G
7, Felix (2566) GMR x2
8, Karl Hunt GR x2

Last edited:
Hello StarCruiser,

it appears that being a new member with under 20 posts i cannot send a PM (based on what i was reading in this forum) I can take spot number 9 for a set of gull wings. let me know what is the best way to send the deposit/payment.

Hi LX,
Thanks, that’s great. :thumbup:
You should be able to respond to the PM I sent, though I’m not 100% on this.
Did you want the whole package?

Payment will be by bank transfer when I’ve completed your doors and they are ready to ship. In truth, until that time I’ve no idea what the final cost will be. Much is now set and paid for, but parcel carriage is changing rapidly for the larger stuff and everything else has gone up a lot.

1, Nick, fbnss GMR x2
4, DandyLandy GR x2
6. Jonesysi G
7, Felix (2566) GMR x2
8, Karl Hunt GR x2
9, LX450 ??? X2

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
1, Nick, fbnss GMR x2
4, DandyLandy GR x2
6. Jonesysi G
7, Felix (2566) GMR x2
8, Karl Hunt GR x2
9, LX450 X2

By way of update,

Doors are made, painted and delivered.
Molle panels are on order.
Some rubbers need to be ordered for the last orders.
All other parts are in EXCEPT the hinges.

Without me scrolling.... When ish were they due?

I was quoted best case 12 weeks for the hinges. That takes us into January. :angry-screaming:
At the earliest. I’ve got a sneaking suspicion It will be longer as they are coming from the US and I’ve not had much luck with deliveries from the US. :icon-cry:

And the final cost though not all in yet, will unfortunately be more as everything has gone up especially ally. I’ll let you all know when I know.

Thanks for that :) having not done it or seen it done, how much access do you need to fit them? I'm planning on a refit of the back as it's been in there for 6/7 years now and although fine for a weekend away.... It all gets a bit messy for a week or twos hols so wanted to redo it when I'm off at beginning of December.

As long as there’s access to fold the rubber round and get the existing window out, the new ones can be fitted through the opening.

Update time.

I had a surprise delivery of 20 of the hinges. 17 of which aren’t damaged!!

So, as some of you already know, Gullwing door production has begun, and ceased.

I’m having difficulty getting in touch with some of you so those that have responded either have doors or have doors in transit.

So, please guys can you check your PMs and contact me by phone.
@Jonesysi @RobfromYork @steverjuk

I’m waiting on Molle panels at the minute but have a set without, waiting for a home.

Mr Starcruisers installation instructions are here on page 31.

Obviously i only looked at that after 5 hours of failing miserably but finally....

i got 1 in :)

@fbnss my wings are on their way from Australia, from previous posts I thought I'd get mine and install before you. Looks like Xmas break will no delay mine,

It'll be a few days before my fingers and thumbs have recovered enough to do the next one...putting it in the car, not a problem, getting the new rubber onto the gull wing, Twat!!

Seriously! ?:wtf: What gave you a problem Nick? Maybe warm the rubber up in a bath if hot water might help? I’ve only really done them in warmer weather and it should only take a few minutes.

Looking great though Nick. Thanks for posting. :clap::clap:

Last edited:
yes the new seal wasnt very pliable, i did stick it in a bath of warm water for a bit before starting, but just figured it was a new seal and thats how it was. Had to use the string to get it on the frame, not having a tool for the job, thats where my fingers are now knackered. Many things were learnt today :)
Ps, transforms the look of the truck , woo woo :)

Back