Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

80 series spring spacers

Rob, I feel you are right about the coils. It's not snagging though, even with all the weight in. I keep coming back to the tyres. That's the real cause. I guess I could just take the tyres off and stick them back onto a spare set of 80 alloys. It's that extra offset that's working against me. Otherwise I think the edge of the lugs would come INSIDE the arch not onto it. Other people have these new Insas on their 80s and they don't touch. 7mm eh? Who'd have though ti would make that much difference.

Hear what you are saying Jon. But you know, I just really dislike the idea of those airbags. To me it's a sort of work around rather then a solution. I'd rather get the spring rating right. The B set up is really nice, no complaints. But I guess off roading a fully laden 80 with a tent, winches, supplies etc is not what they are designed for. Laning is one thing but last weekend for full off road bouncing.

So.... I am STILL after some spacers for now.

Chris

Chris, as I said on page one of this thread. Try Gwyn Lewis. Also you could try OME 868s on the rear ;)

Paul

Cheers Joe. I shall have to look into the spring ratings for those. I don't know them off hand or even if they'll fit an 80. He doesn't say.

Worth watching maybe.

Chris

Actually just looked on the German TBR website. They do a OME spring packer kit. 5mm and 10 mm. Very cheap - like 6 Euros. It looks as though you put one at the top and one at the bottom. Now whether that gives you 20 mm I don't know. I shall ask.

Chris

are they offering decent postage rates or is it still c.a £40?

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
I got some discount, but it's still quite dear. But the spacers are what I want and they're cheaper than those in the UK.

I was never really short of option on buying new - the idea of the thread was to see if anyone had any they were getting rid of. A quick google reveals where to get them from i the UK. These still work out cheaper then West Coast before the VAT and postage!

Chris

Back