Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

A nice looking low ish mileage 80 ?

Don't forget if you want to do any UK lanes the 100 is that much bigger. I can't do some of my local tracks now so in a 100 would do more body damage. I drove a 120 the other day and was so impressed I am looking for one for a family/ wife's car. For me it was way better to drive then a hundred.

We will see I guess !

I just get the impression the price is being inflated somewhat... if it was minty minty fair enough but it's not.

Anyway I digress.

Anyone have a decent 80 or non rusty 90 for sale at about £5k ? Hehe

Looked a a swb 07 rust free 120 for 4500 the other day.

We will see I guess !

I just get the impression the price is being inflated somewhat... if it was minty minty fair enough but it's not.

Anyway I digress.

Anyone have a decent 80 or non rusty 90 for sale at about £5k ? Hehe

Dont get me wrong. There are cheap very good trucks around. We still keep seeing the popping up. For 5k you will find yourself one that's for sure. I come across a fair few average ones. I'm not saying ever 80 will sell for top money. Right place right time and all that. With this truck that KB went to look at with a different guy selling it who didnt know the value he could have drove away with it at 4.5k.

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Well it definately wasn't me !

I reckon it will be relisted tbh. I appreciate what everyone is saying about values but this has a fucked front diff just for starters !

I know at least 12 people who have paid well over 10k for an 80.

I thought you were going to offer him yours for 4.5k then Towpack :icon-biggrin: ill be first in line though please :icon-biggrin:
A few months back I almost did put it up for sale. Had a drive in a V8 100 series and it was superb, I wanted one. Even drew up an Add, full description and got some pics together with the intention of advertising in the classifieds on her first and then Ebay if there were no takers. I intended to offer it up at £8500 thinking if I couldn't get that I'd keep it but to cut a long story short I chewed on it for a few weeks and decided I just couldn't sell and never posted it. So glad I kept it now the craving for a 100 series has gone. Maybe it would have sold quickly or maybe there'd be little interest, I'll never know but I thought the price was reasonable.

value perception is largely driven by presentation and expectation. This guy did a great job to hide the blemishes, and that goes in no small part to the price he got for it. fair play.

To understand the value Jimmy you need to really want one . Being a member of this forum for 3 years and accepting the 80 strengths i have been almost convinced i want one many a time . Fortunately for me i am very particular about colour and i couldn't live with an automatic gearbox so temptations to buy have been few and far between which has given me time to reflect and i have finally accepted the only real world benefit i would get from owning a an 80 instead of my swb 90 is a couple of extra seats which i don't need .

Karls spot on. Right time right person will pay more. When I was looking one came up right money colour(blue) spec close to home. Guy agreed on price 1000 less then advertised for but wouldn't let me view it till cleaned. Then he rang me on the day I was going to collect saying a chap from Scotland offered him 1000 more then the asking price would I match that. I said no way we agreed a price he should stand by his word as he wouldn't let me buy view or pay deposit with out seeing it.

Guy on here brought it then turbo went and clutch I think or fuel pump. So I was happy I didn't get stung with that one.

Got mine from a top member on here. Have had to do a wheel bearing on it.

What I am trying to say is they do come up keep looking for a good truck without paying silly money. Members here do sell there so is worth waiting for them to come up.

Look at daves that didn't sell for 3.8 went for 3.4 in the end which wad a pretty nice truck.

Stu

And the guy who bought it has it back on eBay already stuff for 2k more. Did notice its dropped down to 4.5k now. Saw it on FB as well. He's obviously bought it to spin it over.

There is one on auto trader with 10k more mileage for a grand less than this went for, ok it's gold but has no faults listed and it's from a dealer so you have a small amount of protection.

I still think it got bid up and went for way more than it is worth !

There is one on auto trader with 10k more mileage for a grand less than this went for, ok it's gold but has no faults listed and it's from a dealer so you have a small amount of protection.

I still think it got bid up and went for way more than it is worth !

That one is a jap import with a very low spec mismatch interior no lockers. So not worth any where near what they are asking.

hmm, im coming to the conclusion the 100 series is like the flirty fit young bird next door. you keep thinking you want it, its offering what you think is better than what you have now, if you finally do give in you have one great night then regret it for the rest of your life...

hmm, im coming to the conclusion the 100 series is like the flirty fit young bird next door. you keep thinking you want it, its offering what you think is better than what you have now, if you finally do give in you have one great night then regret it for the rest of your life...

Im telling Em that you fancy the fit young girl next door. Dirty old man lol

Interesting discussion. I have thought about putting the green one up for sale recently. It's only a car. Oh right 'FY very much' if you think that. It far more than that. I just don't know that I could sell it. I get where Andy is at. You buy these things and sometimes you let them go and others you just have to keep. My green one is just such a good runner. Yes it has the odd scratch here and there but it drives like new, is great underneath, every single thing works and it does 22 mpg on an auto. I went to Stirling and back in it recently and it drove like a new car. OK I don't need it, but I just can't let it go. It's not really just a case of what it's worth in the guide book, it's about what I'd accept to let it go. And sorry to say I'd be picky about who I sold it to as I'm sure TP would be and Andy was. Odd really, never had an emotional attachment to any vehicle other than a Cruiser. Anything else is just a car. I'd kinda like to just put it up at £5 per ride for people looking for one to see what really good feels like. I've never driven one like it. I see some of the tat being sold and just marvel at what people are prepared to pay.

Oh and on the subject of the girl next door, personally I'd bury the back wheels as far into the garage as I could and worry about the damage later. Just saying

Back