Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

A nice looking low ish mileage 80 ?

Well outwardly it looks very sharp. Yes farm use worries me becaue cow s*** tends to be quite corrosive actually Diff whine, odd after such low mileage but not the worst thing in the world. They will go to the moon and back like that but makes me wonder if it's ever had any oil in there. The BEBs would need doing immediately I'd say.

Something looks odd with the TURBO stickers. Are they very low or is it me? We're a suspicious bunch but could be that it had been repainted and new decals stuck on in the wrong place. Might be wrong.

It does look worth a viewing.

I am hoping to see this in a day or so

Yes Chris Turbo stickers should be higher, good indication it's had paintwork done.
Various265-1_zpsea48bfee.jpg

Interesting. When i spoke with the guy he insisted the body work was all original.

The black below the moulding looks like it's been added unless I'm wrong.

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
The gov.uk online mot history check has no record of this reg... why might that be ?

It does when I look at https://www.check-mot.service.gov.uk/ although oddly nothing before this year. Might have been just used on the farm, not on the road. There's a 100 in the background on one pic.

[h=2]MOT history of this vehicle[/h]
  • Test date 6 January 2016
  • Expiry date 5 January 2017
  • Test Result Pass
  • Odometer reading 85,094 miles
  • MOT test number 3052 1136 7237

• Test date 5 January 2016
  • Test Result Fail
  • MOT test number 7039 7005 9871

Not sure what I am getting wrong here. Must be some eventual consistency thing. Wierd.

As in. No I still dont see any history here..

Not sure what I am getting wrong here. Must be some eventual consistency thing. Wierd.

As in. No I still dont see any history here..

I'm fairly certain the DVLA dont use a sharded architecture for this. And if they did you'd hope it'd be eventually consistent 12 months later :)

I'll edit this now to show how poorly I read dates! Could be a BASE thing, I'd still be surprised though.

Last edited:
It does when I look at https://www.check-mot.service.gov.uk/ although oddly nothing before this year. Might have been just used on the farm, not on the road. There's a 100 in the background on one pic.

[h=2]MOT history of this vehicle[/h]
  • Test date 6 January 2016
  • Expiry date 5 January 2017
  • Test Result Pass
  • MOT test number 3052 1136 7237

• Test date 5 January 2016
  • Test Result Fail
  • MOT test number 7039 7005 9871
I see it now

His abstract claims mot till feb 2016.... so he must(?) Have had one done in Feb'ish 2015

- KB

I am hoping to see this in a day or so

Let me know how you get on, hasn't responded to messages so far :)

Does have much spider senses tingling a little bit, have done a lot of research on here and other places.

I'm a spanner wanker and MOT tester by trade so have a vague idea if I see it in the flesh =)

If anyone sees a nice one let me know and save me from an l322 my inner demon is telling me to buy !

Let me know how you get on, hasn't responded to messages so far :)

Absolutely.

Does have much spider senses tingling a little bit, have done a lot of research on here and other places.

I'm a spanner wanker and MOT tester by trade so have a vague idea if I see it in the flesh =)

If anyone sees a nice one let me know and save me from an l322 my inner demon is telling me to buy !

I think it depends a lot on what you are looking to do with it - there are a few 80's that come up on and off that someone who can swing a spanner would be able to do wonders with...

I'm looking for something that I can drive as a long range cruiser, and take the family out - build an overlander. And I swing keyboards around by trade!

regards,

It good to be wary but as we say time and again, it's still an 80 and if it's clean and solid underneath, drives well, is tidy inside and not stolen, then really what is there to say. OK, maybe it's had a respray - maybe not, but if it's been done well and looks like a quality job, hey you'll have better paint then the rest of us. It could simply be that his daft old day blasted the decals off with the pressure washer and they put some more on to smarten it up. It's only an indicator that something happened not that it should be avoided. If you mention it and they say Ahh yes, we can explain that, then you're one up on them and they're on the back foot. Can't deny that outwardly it looks like one of the better examples.

The black below the moulding looks like it's been added unless I'm wrong.

I think you mean the Tempest Grey below the silver thats factory colour, from "K" reg to "M" (95). It wants looking at and judging on what it is. There may be an explanation as to why the "Turbo" stickers are in the wrong place but when you get them its hard to fit them incorrectly. At the mileage I would expect the drivers seat and steering wheel to be in very good condition and if they aren't I'd want to know why. In my 80 A1ALL ( same colour same spec) the seats and steering wheel were better than those in that with 150K on it.

The gear shifter looks a bit worse for wear as well.

I think you mean the Tempest Grey below the silver thats factory colour, from "K" reg to "M" (95). It wants looking at and judging on what it is. There may be an explanation as to why the "Turbo" stickers are in the wrong place but when you get them its hard to fit them incorrectly. At the mileage I would expect the drivers seat and steering wheel to be in very good condition and if they aren't I'd want to know why. In my 80 A1ALL ( same colour same spec) the seats and steering wheel were better than those in that with 150K on it.
Andy, the seat wear could be due to a 'large farmer' and the 'in and out' usage which would explain the low mileage...

The gear shifter looks a bit worse for wear as well.

A looked after 80 doesn't wear the gear shifter cover out in 85k miles. Mmmmn, I'm not convinced by this motor, very unusual for front diff to whine at that mileage.
Still one is looking at a 23 year old vehicle so things must be looked at in perspective.

"Big farmer" I'm still not convinced, all farmers I know have seat covers on their 4x4's.

Back