Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

A pretty tidy 92 manual 80 in red. Worth a look.

Chris

Super Moderator
Supporter
Garage
Country Flag
great_britain
Ok it's 22 years old, and has the smaller brakes yadda yadda, but if this is as straight as it looks it's got to be worth it. If you wanted it for overlanding you'd go end to end on it anyway. Good place to start from and not ridiculous money - maybe a deal to be had. Not what I am after but if you are interested I wouldn't hang around in having a look at it. Got an honest look about it. But then I haven't had the microscope out yet.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/TOYOTA-LA...0?pt=UK_Commercial_Trucks&hash=item3cd31871ac

this one has been for sale now a few times in the last months. it started at £4000 and been coming downin price.

stu

Oddly Stu, it's the first time I have seen it. I have mailed him to see why it failed MOT. Have to say I am half tempted myself. It looks nice.

No no no. It's not like I'm desperate or anything.

Tidy looking truck. Just sold my '91 80 to pay off my troopy. *No, no, no, I don't need another 80...just yet* :wtf:

I am happy that i got an early 80 as i will be taking it to SA where the bits are easier to get for the 12v even my friend over there has a 96 vx and that has a 12v engine and dash in it very odd.
I wasnt worried about the brakes on an early one but if i was to tow something i think i would just convert it to the later ones. I am not sure why every body wants a late one as most of us will end up taking off road scratching it replacing this that on the other. so why spend 7-10k buy a cheap one, replace and up grade the rest and be done with it.
As long as you pick the correct base to start with its not a problem. I cant see how much better a later one would be for what i want to do in it is going to be better then an early one. more electrics to go wrong air con and abs these are the most common probs on modern vehicles these days and happy days mine has none of that result!

go on buy it

stu

Like Stu says, it's been for sale a time or two before, no one can comment on it really unless they have seen it and assessed its condition, good trucks are still selling but buyers are becoming more picky.

Andy

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
In fairness Stu you did get a good one as a base to start from. If that one of yours had been the first Cruiser I ever bought I think I would have always been satisfied with it, like you said, less to go wrong.

Andy

Not sure what the catch is, the sellers are clowns though.

I was going to go to look at it, asked if it had aircon, they swore blind it had and it worked 'ice cold', so I asked for a few interior pics, low and behold NO AIR CON BUTTON!!

I pointed that out and never got a reply!

Next thing it was back up on ebay, with working aircon!! Again!!

Also they bought it when it went on from its original owner the day it was put up.

This is its 4th time on they bay.

They also told me a fresh MOT would be 'no problem' if I bought it so I'd love to know whats wrong with it!

Yes yogi if you look at the engine bay pic no air con compressor.

Back