Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

A UK 2013 prado/150 headlights for europe

ndwedwe

Country Flag
uk
I have been searching all morning. I am moving to France and taking my cruiser with me.
I can't find out if there is anything needed to be done to the headlights to conform to Europe driving and ultimately their MOT.
Some modern cars its a lever, others it's a screw others the whole headlight units need to be replaced.
My dealer is not helpful and in a long round-about way don't really know but suggest seeing a French dealer.
Can you boys help me?

I think they're different headlights mate. Roughtrax sells them and it says UK market only - NOT european:

Maybe fit these temporarily, then sort it out when you get over there:

I think they're different headlights mate. Roughtrax sells them and it says UK market only - NOT european:

Maybe fit these temporarily, then sort it out when you get over there:

Thank you mate. Got to be the most expensive lights on the market! I'll adjust them over to the right before taking it in for roadworthy and hope for the best.

Sadly not the most expensive at all, the headlight lenses on my Mk 1 Outlander crazed badly, they all do that sir, no LH dip aftermarket replacements anywhere. new from Mitsi some £350 a side, no i didn't buy.
I understand that (facelift 11 plate on) Jaguar XF headlights have led indicators built in to the unit, when they fail unrepairable so its a complete new unit at some £1000 a side, and these modern LED units with automatic dipping systems on upmarket German metal will probably make those costs look bargainous wjhen thet fail shortly after the bedgrudging 3 year warranty expires.

Beam deflectors will do for the time being, i'd fit those and wait until you are in France and then seek out used units, if you equivalent join French car forums you might be able to do a swap with a French chap moving to Britain and facing the same issue from the other side.
Assuming the move is permanent, you'll have no trouble selling your present lights, simple enough to parcel post them here for the time being.

Don't be tempted to buy aftermarket headlight units, the one time i did this they were the cheapest garbage i've ever seen, fitted the vehicle only where they touched.

Cheers for that reply.
to my utter amazement the cruiser passed Controle Technique (French MOT or COR).
I was bricking it.
the lad doing it adjusted the lights to be within spec. These projector type low beams seem to be flatter.
so hope that helps any other people as my searches ended in frustration.

Back