Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

A universal torque wrench setting

I wonder if that is why they are undervalued as well?
i would say so. engineering was made "unfashionable" with the move to the service based economy. it should be encouraged more as a university subject. things do seem to be changing for the better though. with shipbuilding, tempest, uk satellite companies, some electric vehicle up starts, rolls royce SMRs, JCB are doing great and so forth.

i used to buy all of my mountain biking kit from these fellas, this is how a small uk engineering firm should be run;
Hope Tech - Made in Barnoldswick, England - [Leaving Land Cruiser Club]

they told a story years back on how they took up the offer of a free visit from a representative from the DTI. to advise on how they could improve and grow there business. on completion of a site visit he summarised that they should outsource more to china...
they told him they would rather go bust than do that.

there customer support is also legendary. i once had a front twin pot brake calliper that had corroded and become porous. it was six years old and had a very hard life. i rang them up and some bloke off the shop floor answered. "well, that shouldnt happen lad, send it in and we'll have a look". without even a email exchanged, five days after i received a brand new calliper, the calliper wasnt even in production anymore, these things retail at 80 quid too.

Back