Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

ABS Light On

Paul

Garage
Country Flag
england
On the drive back yesterday, the light came on and has stayed on. Thought it might be something to do with fitting the suspension like a trapped wire but after checking all looks good.

Any usual suspects to check first?

ask it what's wrong :) in the fsm it tells you how to get it to flash the fault code, may help or may confuse :| There's not really anything in the AHC change over that's likely to have caused any problems I can think of.

Hi I did a major overhaul last year on Ball Joints, bushes etc. When I put it all back together I had the same - cut a long story short I bought new ABS sensor leads, put them on . ABS light back to normal.

Could you have put strain on either lead? If you think you did it may be worth swapping this one first.

Found the problem, rear nearside ABS sensor wire was damaged just near top of damper and had been poorly repaired in the past. Now its stripped, soldered and sealed properly.
After repair light did not go out so went for a drive and after getting up some speed the light went out and is now behaving. Guess it just needed to get a good signal for a while and reset itself.

Back