Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Accident report

Chas

Supporter
Garage
Country Flag
england
This is what happens when 4.2 ltr of intercooled turbo engine at full throttle hits a 10" thick concrete block wall, not breeze block, CONCRETE!! I meant to hit the brakes but stepped on the throttle by mistake, :oops: I saw the wall looming and thought why is she not stopping? :o not roadworthy but still running, tough old beasts ain't they!

2.jpg

Another view complete wih block, the wall was double thickness blocks.

1.jpg

and this is the hole it made :shock:

3.jpg
:lol:

The good news is Julian V says it's all repairable :D

It's not ofton I am stuck for words,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

Graham

Your sig needs changing ;) There is a new picture you could use now.....

Glad it's repairable.

Ouch, you're not going to be very popular with your insurance company! Based on recent incidents, I think they will write that off Chas, you might want to get your RT and any other easily detacheable items off it if you can before the arguments about value start :(

Ouch... not nice to look at at all :cry:

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
supprisingly the bumper seems ok, well apart from the mounting brackets. looks like its reusable. i would not even bother with insurance on this especially if you can afford to repair it, as Jon said it will be written off. how much are used body panels? now you can have different coloured body panels :cool:

looks like you will need a new intercooler as well :cry:

Cossack said:
and this is the hole it made :shock:

3.jpg
:lol:

The good news is Julian V says it's all repairable :D

Are you sure it was the 80 he was talking about, and not the building?

Ouch, might be worth a quick look to check your battery connections are not touching the bonnet there.

Also you? ;)
parking.jpg

Driver can be lucky it was not an 80!

Paul said:
Ouch, might be worth a quick look to check your battery connections are not touching the bonnet there.
They probably aren't, I think it would have been obvious very quickly if they were, I'm sure Julian would have mentioned that.
Chas

Jesus Chas, that is too painful to look at. Hope you are okay.

I wonder what it would have looked like afterwards with just the normal 80 bumper :?:

Rob said:
supprisingly the bumper seems ok, well apart from the mounting brackets. looks like its reusable. i would not even bother with insurance on this especially if you can afford to repair it, as Jon said it will be written off.
I think you will be surprised how many things have been tweaked by that and need replacing and how that mounts up, plus there is a wall to repair! Buy back might be an option but I bet that wall repair won't be cheap.

doh, forgot about the wall. I guess there is a lot of stuff underneath that may need replacing...

Jon Wildsmith said:
quote]
I think you will be surprised how many things have been tweaked by that and need replacing and how that mounts up, plus there is a wall to repair! Buy back might be an option but I bet that wall repair won't be cheap.
But surely fully comp insurance will pay for the wall?
Chas

the wall is covered by third party insurance, so fully comp should pay for it as well. do you know the owner of that wall well?

Rob said:
the wall is covered by third party insurance, so fully comp should pay for it as well. do you know the owner of that wall well?
Total stranger, never been there before, and not likely to go there again now :lol:

Yes the wall will be covered by your insurance Chas, I was responding to Rob's suggestion that you didn't make an insurance claim and instead paid for the repairs yourself ;)

Jon Wildsmith said:
Yes the wall will be covered by your insurance Chas, I was responding to Rob's suggestion that you didn't make an insurance claim and instead paid for the repairs yourself ;)
The repairs to the Cruiser I could probably cope with, but certainly not the wall, I imagine that will cost a considerable amount. :shock:
Chas

Back