Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Advice of MyWay Roof Tents - Urgent feedback appreciated

BigO

Hello,

I've got the opportunity to buy a MyWay roof tent with shower skirt (valued at 1399 GBP new), Veranda (valued 650 GBP new) and Awning (valued at 200 GB new). They are all just over one year old.

They are available for 1200 GBP. I've seen them and they look in good condition. The owner is leaving the country and is either going to sell for this price or potentially keep.

Just wanted to get a view from others on whether this is a good deal. It looks pretty good to me.

Jon

I have heard of MyWay but haven't seen in the flesh. Where in the UK are you? Perhaps a member with an alternative tent is local to you so you could go compare...

I would be looking at the quality of the fabrics & stitching mainly. Sounds like a deal on the face of it though :icon-cool:

Offer him a grand!!! :lol:

These are the South African tents, right, seem to get good reviews on LCCSA , considered in the same league as Howling Moon stuff - take that as you will, but check out the SA forum.

Cheers

Cheers for the advice guys. I seen a few reviews that talks positively about them. It would be good to hear from someone with one.

Hi

I have had a MyWay Rooftent for two years and in that time I have used for two trips to Morocco, one trip to the Pyrenees and various camping weekends away in the UK. It has stood up to sand storms very well and has stood up to lashing rain and howling wind on trips to the Lake District and Wales and doesn't leak at all. Overall I'm very pleased with mine, it seems very well put together.

Once you get the hang of it, I find it very straight forward to put up and down and once up, it the overhand from the vehicle provides a useful area to shelter under if it rains.

I can't compare it to other makes as this is the only roof tent I have had, other people with me on recent trips had the clamshell type which appear to be a bit quicker to put up and down (we talking say 3-5 mins vs 5-10 mins so not that much in it really).

The only caveat (which may not relate just to the MyWay Rooftent) is that you need to keep the zip on the cover well lubricated with something like silicone spray to prevent it rusting and to prevent it sticking. We completely forgot to do this on a trip recently and sand and dust have got into the zip. This coupled with some heavy handedness from my wife has meant the zip has broken. It's £100 for a new cover and Zip but this probably could have been prevented.

I don't have the Myway skirt or awning so can't comment on those but £1200 for these and the tent seems pretty good value to me

Steve

Back