Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

advice on suspension for 90 and lift kits supplyers brand et

Re: advice on suspension for 90 and lift kits supplyers bran

Main choices are Old Man Emu and Iron Man. Yes there are others Dobinsons etc, but why make life that hard trying to get them. Iron Man seems to be the new OME to be fair. I was very happy with Emu but they can be a trifle hard. The softer set up on IM seems very good. And the big bonus is that it's way cheaper. You can't lift a 90 too far as it's independent front suspension and the wishbones don't take kindly to being banged against the coils.

A lot of this depends on what you want it for, why, how much and how handy you are on the spanners. So really you might be best absorbing that and then fine tune your question a little more. West Coast 4x4 do the IM set up and TBR in Peterborough are usually the most common for OME (yes there are other suppliers.)

You can stick a body lift on as well which looks pretty handsome together with the suspension. Milner do that.

Chris

I moved the topic because things in Classifieds get deleted automatically after 60 days or so. This could be a worthwhile thread.

Disco rear springs will fit (dont shoot me down he did ask :oops: ) with the location plate bolted or welded onto the base plate on the rears http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll? ... 0398598727 , rear shocks relocate easy enough, front then there lies your problem where by the wallet needs to come out

Here's a couple of my own threads that led to me fitting an Ironman lift that may be of some help to you :)

viewtopic.php?f=14&t=8186

viewtopic.php?f=14&t=9081

viewtopic.php?f=65&t=9121

Fiery before Ironman lift with 265/75/16 tyres fitted
P8080102-1.jpg

Fiery after Ironman lift still with the same 265/75/16 tyres fitted
PA220682.jpg

J66P said:
Disco rear springs will fit (dont shoot me down he did ask :oops: ) with the location plate bolted or welded onto the base plate on the rears http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll? ... 0398598727 , rear shocks relocate easy enough, front then there lies your problem where by the wallet needs to come out
And compromise reliability ?

Only joking,

Graham

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

The TJM Stuff fits well, BUT is VERY firm

Iv'e got 2 inch Iron Man on my 120 series, which is a little or a lot like the 90 series.

There is a note to remember when ordering the Iron Man, and that is to make sure you get the right strength spring, or spring loading could be a better word.

There are A : B : & C types.

When I had mine fitted, they were too hard. I think they were for carrying and additional 350kg, over and above the standard weight carrying springs, which was already sufficient for me.
After a week, I asked Paul at West Coast 4X4, about the hardness, no problem, he swaped them to a more 'road orientated' spring, which drives exactly as smooth as the originals.
I think he took the B springs off and put the C springs on.
Mine rides great. No complains.

Graham

Back