Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

AHC advice please

frank rabbets

Guru
I have removed the rear shocks or rams to replace them. Their covers have rusted off so there are no numbers. I have 2 new ones though with the following numbers on 48530-60051. I wonder if anyone knows if they will do? External dimensions and fittings are the same.

Thanks

Frank

That's the right number for "the middle years". # ending with 50, 51 or 52 depending on MY. I suspect they all fit on all years. toyodiy.com

The outer covers do rust to pieces. Easy to cut off the last piece and replace with plastic drain-pipe, w/o even taking it off the car.

Sorry forgot to say it is a 2004 Amazon Diesel 100 car. What does MY stand for please?

Frank

MY = model year ?

Gra.
Ya.
Well, Manufacture, maybe. The changes are normally between month 7 and 8 in 2002, 2003 and 2004. The major ones anyways.

Hi uHu and thanks for the interest,

According to toyodiy the part numbers for my VIN number are,

48530-69155 MARK 48530-60052. Is the first number the part number? And what does "MARK" mean and the number after it? Stamped on my new ones is 48530-60051. So you think they will do?

Thanks again for the help.
Frank

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Hi Nathan

No I have not received any pics. In fact I don't know if my pm's are working as I am expecting one which is late.

Frank

...48530-69155 MARK 48530-60052. Is the first number the part number? And what does "MARK" mean and the number after it? Stamped on my new ones is 48530-60051. So you think they will do?...
I suppose a good part-guy at a dealer could answer this.
I'm guessing that the MARK ...-... indicates what the part is marked as, like in your case ...-...51.

I don't know for sure, but believe that they would fit, as I haven't heard of anyone not being able to swap 2nd hand ahc-parts freely.
I would just ask my favourite dealer.

Are your shocks leaking? Or is it just the rusted covers?
The problem with changing shocks is to get to the top nut. Easiest with a rachet spanner I heard, but they are not that common in sizes over 19mm. Isn't it 22 we need? When I did it last, I had the body lifted off the frame, so nada problema. There is also the method with drilling a hole in the floor, and get in from above, using a standard body-drain-plug size. You find details on mud.

If it is just the cover, you can cut off the remains with a small angle grinder and put in a plastic pipe. You need just the bottom end off for that.

Hi uHu and thanks

I got both off. One took 1/2 hour the other 1 hour as the exhaust is in the way. You cannot see the nuts but can just feel them with one finger. I did not have to cut anything. The 2 12mm each side took the most time. The 22mm nuts were fairly easy with just a ring spanner. You can get a socket on but then not the ratchet or bar. If the ring did not go on I was going to reduce the socket in the lathe. A flat ring spanner will not do as the nut is in a recess.

The shrouds are in pieces but more worrying is the double skinned part at the bottom which is swollen severely and might leak. No leaks at present.

I thought at first that the word MARK meant what was stamped on the part itself if this differed from the part number.

My parts department don't understand my question. They just say they can supply me with the correct ones.

Thanks for the help and I'll post when I've decided what to do.

Frank

Back