Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Amayama

Rob Cowell

Country Flag
wales
I know a few people here use them, and I don't think there is an entry for them in the suppliers thread.

So, Amayama. Based in Japan or UAE. Toyota, and other Japanese original parts.

As an example, bottom assembly of a 120 steering column. My local dealer wanted £340, and would discount 10% when asked. So £304.

Via Amayama in UAE. £66 for the part. Plus £34 for DHL courier. £20 VAT. £10 courier fees for handling import duty (none under about £120), and VAT. All in £130. 7 days from enquiry to delivery, which is about as good as you'll get from them. Parts from Japan in particular can take longer. I was quoted 7 days to get the parts to the warehouse in UAE, but they seemed to be sent 2 days after ordering.

12308594_10207875067855829_6124673889512890837_n.jpg

www.amayama.com

Last edited:
I've used Amayama - good guys - if you know your part numbers.
Can be difficult to get an answer from them in a timely fashion if anything is unclear. (Example: ordering a rectifier bridge - when entering the part number, the description says "bracket, metal" or something similar. Asked for clarification/confirmation - but no answer after waiting and resending for 3 weeks)

All the things I've ordered have arrivied quickly in good order though, all original parts.

I have used them great for the more expensive easy to ship parts defo a good saving from UK dealers, but at least a week so not ideal for break downs.

Again you will really need to be on top of your part numbers as previously mentioned I use www.japan-parts.eu for the parts diagrams and numbers.

My tip is to run the part number through google images, very often you will find an image of the part and this will help confirm the number is correct before ordering.

Paid with Paypal never had any problems with the service and all parts have been well packaged, correct and all genuine toyota items.

They do have parts catalogues and a pretty reasonable search system to them but can sometimes be tricky to locate the part if you don't have the correct name and the location is ambiguous. I cheat and ask my Toyota parts guy. He's not bothered as I go to him often enough for bits.

Last edited:
No warranty on amayama parts if you fit yourself though, but maybe that is same for uk sourced Toyota parts. Won't stop me using them, made a big saving on Yaris wheel bearing assembly

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I've used them twice now with no problems and BIG savings. :thumbup: They're now my first choice for expensive OE parts. I have a copy of the EPC which also helps part number identification greatly.

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Same here, used them twice in quick succession. With most of the price differences, if there's something wrong with a part, you could probably buy it again and still be quids in.

With most of the price differences, if there's something wrong with a part, you could probably buy it again and still be quids in.

I have never had a faulty new genuine Toyota part yet, not saying it does not happen but I think they have a very good quality control.

I have never had a faulty new genuine Toyota part yet, not saying it does not happen but I think they have a very good quality control.

Ok, I can tell you it does happen. I got full clutch kit off them. Faulty release bearing which meant paying labour again to drop gearbox and fit new bearing. They didn't want to know. You will also find parts purchased outside EU are not covered by Toyota here, not even for replacement.

Yes I will use them again but not for parts I cannot replace myself. Thankfully with my 80 there are very few occasions I resort to garages.

Cheers,
Dave.

Folks,
I have order something from Amayama coming form Dubai, it seems to be in Coventry with the remarks Customs Check.
Have you had to call anybody to release it from Customs, do you get chased for import tax??
Any info would be great.
Cheers
Craig

Ime it will go from Coventry to your local depot for delivery. Then youll get a slip through your post box to pay customs.pick up etc.

That's it, pretty straightforward really and it's the same for anything over the limits for import duty and VAT outside the EU (for now!). There's a handling charge from whoever ships over here which varies from £8 Royal Mail to an eye watering £24 plus VAT for TNT who bill you a couple of weeks later when you think you're done and dusted!! You may be lucky andcescape altogether but this depends on the value of the goods.

That's it, pretty straightforward really and it's the same for anything over the limits for import duty and VAT outside the EU (for now!). There's a handling charge from whoever ships over here which varies from £8 Royal Mail to an eye watering £24 plus VAT for TNT who bill you a couple of weeks later when you think you're done and dusted!! You may be lucky andcescape altogether but this depends on the value of the goods.

Fedex also bill after delivery (£12). This is where I like Partsouq over Amayama. They tell you the postage cost at checkout, and you can chose the courier.

Duh! so it wont come before the bank holiday!!

Thanks Folks for info, so in other words it still a few days away from being delivered!!

DHL also bill for ID and VAT etc after delivery. Any item imported that is subject to VAT and ID will not be released for delivery until these are paid. The supplier may quote you a door to door postage/delivery charge but they cannot include ID or VAT and if these are dealt with and paid for at the point of entry by the courier then I guess it's possible they could add a small admin fee.

Back