Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Amazon Email

andyw

Country Flag
uk
Just got this email, not ordered from them so must be a scam, don't open attachments.

[h=3]Good evening,[/h]Thank you for your order. We’ll let you know once your item(s) have dispatched.You can check the status of your order or make changes to it by visiting Your Orders on Amazon.co.uk.
[h=3]Order Details[/h]

Order YC4355220 Placed on December 9, 2013
Order details and invoice in attached file.

Need to make changes to your order? Visit our Help page for more information and v ideo guides.

We hope to see you again soon. Amazon.co.uk

Get similar, not just from Amazon but many other household names on a daily basis.......:icon-twisted:

I recently got a similar one, supposedly from PayPal, saying I had authorised a three month subscription payment to Skype and that if this was incorrect to click on a link to get a full refund.
I contacted PayPal who told me it was a phishing scam and if I had clicked on the link it would have asked me to log in to the PayPal link they supplied, that's the catch they then have access to your account, needless to say I didn't click the link.
The original mail to all intents and purposes looked absolutely genuine but as I knew that I hadn't made any subscriptions and having been warned a few days before I received that mail I may well have been fooled.

Last edited:
Twood take a lot to fool old goats like us Chas..............wouldn't it :?.

Frank

I get them all the time claiming to be from; HMRC, TNT, various banks, Ebay etc. I used to forward them to the fraud depts of these companies, but it seems a waste of time. It doesn't seem that any organisation, bubblement dept or any other agency is interested is stopping these thieves from ripping of the unsuspecting.

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Back