Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Ambient temperature sensor Land Cruiser KJ 95

I'm considering opening a transportation company, logistic stuff, and a sort of hi speed packages delivery like medical supplies,using maxi-scooters. Also planning to transport off road cars for dismantling in Romania, a kind of virtual shop for sh spare parts.
I'll see there wich oportunities may be considered....

hallo mario from athens..greece..
i had the same problem and until now i have already replaced 3 sensors..
but finally the problem wasnt the sensors (my opinion) ..is the design of the steel front bumper.. that keeps the temperature of the motor in this hot area..(dont have good ventilation) and and dont send this to the enviroment..
all of them indicated 45-49 deg Celcious.
if i can help with these figures..

http://s815.photobucket.com/albums/zz71 ... %20sensor/

in Greece the cost is 70 euro..
but i used the 2 sensors from scrap cars which i bought for spare parts..its not a problem for me to send one for free..but the problem is that now iam in estonia..
i was in fawlley UK 10 days ago..and iam going to come back in athens after 5 months..

Hi ChrisLC90 and thanks for usefull infos here ! I spoke to one guy, here, local car dismantler and he said exactly the same, that outer temp sensor is error-prone.

I just picked up the Conrad Electronic Catalog with electronic components and looking for a right temperature sensor !

Thanks to a previous post I figured out the parameter of that sensor...It seems it's an NTC Thermisthor with 1.7 Ko resistance at 25 degrees celsius.

Toyota asks here arround 250 RON in local currency (approx 60 euros) for that sensor).
Indeed, it seems the position is not ok, but...shouldn't be Outer Ambient Temp Sensor located outside engine compartment, right before the HeadLight unit, covered only by the front bumper ?

Tryed so far an temperature sensor that came with a cheap multimeter (5 euros, I guess) , but the temp displayed wasn't the right one....

I understand right now, that buying a sensor from a car dismantling place is hazardous, since it can be useless...

The right solution, IMHO seems to be a new one from Mr. T or an apropriate value NTC Thermistor positioned OUTSIDE engine compartment !

Thank You again for pics , I was asking myself what is missing from my LC in back of headlight unit ! Discovered the connector there !

Sure, you're right, the ambient temp in engine compartment is a cause that damages that sensor !

Anyway, an sensor like that if possible, to send here will be great !

all the best and Thank You again for answering my add !

Mario

thank you, Mario

Καλησπέρα...

Εχω προβλημα με κατεστραμμένο αισθητηρα της εξωτερικης θερμοκρασιας απο Land Cruiser KJ 95 / 1997.

Δοκιμασα δυο αισθητήρες που βρήκα αλλα δεν εδειχναν σωστές ενδείξεις...

Απο οτι ειδα στο συγκεκριμενο "post" είχες δοκιμασει κάποιους αισθητήρες.....μήπως έχεις κανένα που να ταιριαζει και να λειτουργεί?

Ευχαριστώ

Αποστόλης

Καλησπέρα...

Εχω προβλημα με κατεστραμμένο αισθητηρα της εξωτερικης θερμοκρασιας απο Land Cruiser KJ 95 / 1997.

Δοκιμασα δυο αισθητήρες που βρήκα αλλα δεν εδειχναν σωστές ενδείξεις...

Απο οτι ειδα στο συγκεκριμενο "post" είχες δοκιμασει κάποιους αισθητήρες.....μήπως έχεις κανένα που να ταιριαζει και να λειτουργεί?

Ευχαριστώ

Αποστόλης

Hi i might need Google to help out on this one.

Hi i might need Google to help out on this one.

It says;

Hi ...

I have problems with damaged sensor outside temperature by Land Cruiser KJ 95/1997.

Assay two sensors that I found but did not seem correct markings ...

From what I saw at PARTICULAR "post" had tried some sensors ..... maybe got any to fit and function;

thanks

Apostolis

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Back