Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Ambient temperature sensor Land Cruiser KJ 95

Mario K

Hi everyone and HAPPY NEW YEAR ! M
My name is Mario, located in Romania, owner of a 3.0 td manual tranny, 5 LWB, 1997 TLC.
Happy to find this forum where I got a lot of infos and diy stuff for TLC's

My question is, does anyone know wich is the resistance at 20 deg Celsius for an outside temp sensor for TLC 90 ?
My car seems doesn't have that sensor, Toyota asks a lot for a new one and I'm trying to replace it with a 2 wires NTC sensor from an termomether.

If anyone has that sensor as a spare part or from dismantling I'm ready to pay for it using paypal intl

Looking forward to hear from you !
Mario

Hi Mario and welcome. I know the part you are after as I fitted one to my SWB. It fits just behind the headlight. Many of the Prados which are imports here have the three extra dials but only the UK VX spec had them. You might get one from a breaker here, but they are not easy to come by. It might be cheaper here at the main dealer - how much have they told you over there?

Chris

I can't answer the technical question on resistance by the way.

Hi Chris, and thank you for answering my question ! here, in Romania-Timisoara Toyota claims for over 50 GBP for outside temp sensor, and asks for a 6 days delivery time. I'll be in 7 february in London.
My dash mounted baro-temp-compass-inclinometer unit says Error when trying to read outside temp, and I figured out my sensor is missing , only the female connector is still there, right beside left headlamp unit.

Tried to use an multimeter temp sensor and got some read-outs (not the right temp values, but seems I found out the right temp sensor connector )
Looked arround and found a lot of temp sensor NTC for convenient prices, starting from 1 GBP and decided to test some ...
Since is a 2 wire connector the problem is just to find out the resistance of the sensor at 20 deg celsius, so I'll know witch sensor to choose.
Any ideea of some Toyota dismantlers with affordable prices in London areea ?
Thank You again for answering !
Mario

But if you look at it again it says (Item location: Wimbledon, London, United Kingdom) :)

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
andyw said:
But if you look at it again it says (Item location: Wimbledon, London, United Kingdom) :)
I saw that, but if you scroll down and click on 'contact details' you get that address, I was hoping it would be Wimbledon as I live there, it would have been very handy to have a breaker right on my doorstep

I saw that as well, but was thinking along the lines of my contact address is different to where I work, still worth an email though.

Thank You for answering, I ow you a beer when I'll be there, in 7th february.

Just dropped the seller a question, on ebay, hope I'll get some parts, maybe leather seats, interior stuff, etc
Seems to be an Auto trany LC, but some parts can be fitted on my car.

If anyone has an working outside temp sensor, I'll buy it through paypal or collecting in person while there

Thanks for anwering, @wobbly, would like to meet you here. I can provide accomodation in Timisoara, garage with tools (hopefull not needed) . As I said,I'll be in UK from 7th february for a while, considering opening a business there.Hope I'll meet some UK Prado owners for a beer while there.

Plannig some off road trips in Apuseni Mountains and Retezat in march, camps, off road stuff, including some nice places in Romanians mountains. wobbly, my phone numer is 0040725390097, LC users welcome , accomodation here granted .but, we'll meet in UK in february, for sure !

Maybe you could come and meet some of us at our monthly gathering at a pub in central London I think our February meet will be on Thursday 9th, the pub is very near to London Bridge/Monument underground station

Great @cossack, I'll arrinve in UK on 7th of February, got there an accomodation somewhere, so, I'll be happy to join your meeying on 9th Feb. ! Hope we'll meet there in London and talk about our rigs...and...dreams ! C ya there ! Mario

Welcome Mario

i am planning a trip across Europe to Romania this summer for camping and offroading. So far i plan to drive in the mountains south of Sibiu and then west and nw.
I visited Bucharest on a work trip for a few days, a few months ago, an interesting place, and i look forward to seeing more of Romania
andy

@AndiCook:
Hi Andi ! Nice to hear you'll visit Romania this summer. There are many nice places that worth a look, and, if entering Romania from west border, then, Herculane Springs is a must, definetely. Nice places to go off-road, mineral water spring, thermal spa and a mirrific view to the mountains. I'd been driving around that areea, have a lot of maps, POI's and info about that roads. There's a nice small lake on that mountains , Cerna's spring and a lot of stuff. I can email some pics I took while there.
There're also some mountains villages at high altitude, a lot of nice places to see. The air in that areea is negative-ionized , like in mountains at around 2000 meters. A lot of places, off-road and outside camping heaven. You can use google maps to look for Cerna-Sat, Herculane,Podeni,Gornenti vilages. Definetely I'll join with my rig that trip, if possible. Maybe we'll meet while I'll be in UK in february and have a cofee or a beer,I'll bring some maps and pics of that areea.
There are other nie places to visit in Romania, like The Sphinx, Babele areea, Retezat Mountains. Transalpina is another interesting road that crosses the mountains, even it's asphalt , but it;s neighbourhood ar marvelous. Looking forward to hear from you,all the best, Mario

THANK TOU VERY VERY MUCH ! It seems you measured it , that value is very important to me, couldn't find anywhere that value !!! OW you a beer , definetely ! Mr. T asks 50 GBP in romanina currency for that, so I try to find an thermistor with that value so my outside temp will be displayed !

Again, Thank You A Lot ! I appreciate a lot this info !

if anyone has an workin' ambient temp sensor for KJ 95 I'm offering 20 GBP, paypal money transfer. Please feel free to PM me !

Back