Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Another Aussie

TheValk

Garage
Country Flag
australia
Hi. TheValk (Tony) here.

I've just bought a 1 owner LandCruiser 105, non-turbo, solid axle diesel-HJZ105R, 2003, with 178,000kms.
Because of its' previous use, it has no extras (apart from tow bar/side steps), so I am fitting bull bar/driving lights/snorkel/roof bars (for our Maggiolina) /awning/dual battery set-up for a new fridge (my Engel has finally just failed after 20 years). We do quite a bit of outback travel, and live in the country so bars/lights etc pretty much essential. (We are getting a bit over kangaroos in our backyard).
Really enjoying the comfort after 12 years in the Defender 90 (bought new in 2003)- which also has all of the above, but I expect a slightly better price leaving it all on there- and that gear is not new anymore, of course.

Cheers to all.

Welcome Tony, good to have you on board, and the HZJ105, what a great truck!

a bit like my HZJ80 on some steroids... :thumbup:

Welcome Tony, be great to see some pics as and when.
Just wondered, whats the Valk bit?

Welcome from an ex Aussie 105 owner, they are great trucks and a world apart from your 90 (I've had one of them as well). As is an Aussie 105 I assume it's got the 50L sub tank as standard? It should have a good range compared to the 90, and a lot more interior space. Good luck with the mods.

Yes Scott, extra 50 litres standard- it will be handy.

I have a Honda Valkyrie Interstate- just use TheValk for my various sites. (Blackbird noted:)

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Ha ha, I guessed so, like this one of mine:-

IMG_0406_zps8uaaaa4z.jpg

I love it, although SWMBO does have a tendency to fall asleep on it whereas spirited riding in the BB keeps her attentive a little more.

Back