Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Another Rear Actuator Failed....

898kor

No, but talk a look on Difflock.com on the forum, As there was a man on there building air actuators for his and was thinking if there enough need for them. He might make more.

Don't know about air lockers but wouldn't a cable operated locker be easier to fab up? I think the 60 series had these? New OE electric lockers may be expensive but, given that you could bolt one straight on, it would work without any faffing about and would last another 20 years with adequate corrosion protection, are they that expensive. JMO

Don't know about air lockers but wouldn't a cable operated locker be easier to fab up? I think the 60 series had these? New OE electric lockers may be expensive but, given that you could bolt one straight on, it would work without any faffing about and would last another 20 years with adequate corrosion protection, are they that expensive. JMO

Totally agree :thumbup:

Just a thought, but is it possible to have the leccy motor rewound or whatever merlin does with these mysterious things, might be cheaper than buying new. I had a motor refurbished once for a myford lathe, worked ok, I think the guy that did it was older than Merlin. Shop closed now but maybe there are others. Best regards, Bill Westley

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Milners, £ 409 + VAT brand new.

One thing that I don't quite understand is how you factor in that when you activate a homemade style locker, the diff may not be lined up. Now on the factory set up as we know there is a spring that stores the energy from the motor and when everything is in alignment, it shoots the bolt. With an air system or a cable or any other direct movement you'd have to work that in somehow. If it was a cable you could just pull on it gently until it locks but that's a but desperate in my view.

Oh don't worry, I guessed that. When I wanted one for Lil Blue, it was £720. I got a mint one from a scrapper in Birmingham. It's still on there. That was £300.

When Milner list something as genuine then yes, it's a factory Toyota part. Thing is stock levels vary and sometimes they run out and don't update the website. Of course if you fell into that trap they would be obliged I am sure to sort it. Sometimes when I go on for a pattern part, they have genuine as well and offer that to me. I have that luxury as I am close by.

Hmmm...then thats's quite a decent saving over the "Toyota' price which then begs the question, who actually makes it? If it's made by Toyota then it just shows the mark up main dealers put on and if it isn't, maybe one could be sourced directly from the manufacturer? Easier said than done no doubt.

Should have added chris that my price was from yota

Sounds familiar, I was quoted €1,350 from Mr. T for a new front actuator. Karl came to my rescue there :thumbup:

Sorry, correction needed, Sir Karl to be correct :lol:

Karl can do the new lockers cheaper than Milner as well if not bought through the bay :icon-biggrin:

Don't always have many Grant due to the cost of them.
Always try me though.

Back