Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Any members in NORTH WALES?

I'm not as good-to-go as I hoped though: I really need to get to the bottom of a metal-on-metal whine/groan first though, something is dry in my running gear :icon-rolleyes:

Are you really really sure it's not the brakes?

to be honest, no, I'm not really really sure. I need to get under it again and check it all properly, little stage at a time - I'd be gutted if I feel I can't use it if we get snow!!

To me it sounds like brakes .. so definitely worth double checking before delving into the drive train!

Sounds like brakes to me too Duv, just had to free off two sticky calipers on the mr2. I kept the sliders lubed up on Rex using copper slip. They might want checking again though as he's driven through the Sahara since the last strip down... Failing that it might be time to look at the pistons and pump some grease in behind the seals. Jim.

Don't use copper slip on the slider pins as this affects the rubber causing the pins to seize again. Always use red rubber grease.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

Last edited:
That sounds like a plan, let me know how the maintenance goes, hope it's something easy

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
cheers everyone, thanks for the tip on the red rubber grease Rob, I'm surprised I wasn't aware of it before as it looks essential garage kit. It's gona be the weekend before I get under it though. I was fearing bearings as the hubs on the OS feel warm, more so the rear. Perhaps the brakes just needs a good jetwashing! Richie your new truck looks awesome - I'll give you a heads up when I'm set

Just got back from finally getting the truck on a ramp to have a proper look at what was going on with the wheels and the groaning squealing sound. There's two issues, and one of them now sorted. As Grant and Jim suggested, it was the brakes. Both the offside ones. The OSF is binding a bit but not enough to worry me too much just yet - I will investigate the caliper in due course if it doesn't settle. But the main issue was in the back, the OSR handbrake cable pivot was full of crud and seized. Took about 10mins to work it free again and now all is back to normal, and it feels great! It rolls! It's handled like it's dragging a sledge for a few weeks. Game on!

You didn't use the handbrake did you?!? Lol, glad you got it sorted dude, now go out and have some fun :-D

Now it's sorted we need a North Wales Cruiser outing, as this is a family type forum, the woolly backs can come too!! :icon-biggrin::icon-biggrin::icon-biggrin:

Wooly backs will be leading the foray :p

Sent from my SM-T310 using Tapatalk

Back