Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Any members in NORTH WALES?

Bodhi

Country Flag
wales
Hi are there any members lurking around North Wales that get out and about off roading?

Hopefully will be joining the tribe of LC owners here shortly and testing the water to see who's about in my area?

Cheers

Richie

Hi Richie

I'm on the Wirral so not too far away; there's a few cats on here from North Wales too.

What are you looking to get?

Cheers

Hi Gav, I was looking at an 80 and went and had a look at the one over in Chester at Moston's, however I'll be heading down South tomorrow to check out Drew's LC95 that he has for sale on here ;-)

What was your take on the one @ Moston's?

Yep ... the one that apparently looked like it was washed with a wire brush :wtf:

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Having seen Drews Collie in the metal so to speak,it's streets ahead of that blue 80. I hope you like it.:icon-biggrin:

Andy

Hi Gav, I was looking at an 80 and went and had a look at the one over in Chester at Moston's, however I'll be heading down South tomorrow to check out Drew's LC95 that he has for sale on here ;-)
Nice one Richie - you'll find the 95 a very capable truck if you get one & Drew's looks to be an excellent example :icon-cool: Good luck

Cheers chaps, yes looking forward to seeing Drew's 95 tomorrow, just trying to get the insurance quote below £550 at the moment. Seems age and driving quals don't count for much anymore. My 08 freelander 2 is £200 cheaper and that's with 3 people on it.
Guess the mods add up the premium!!

I shall not be defeated though!! :)

I didn't get a good look at it, but it certainly looked better in the pictures than in the flesh. Depending on your eyesight it could be blue Drew :)
The scratches gave it character!! lol

Hi Richie, try Norcounty for insurance, they are pretty good for modified 4x4s. Duvs is in Caernarfon and Rev's is in Anglesey, there's a few others in North Wales on here too... Jim

Do I know you Richie :icon-question: :icon-smile:

PS - I'm with NorCounty FullyComp for about £350ish I think, all mods declared :icon-smile:

Last edited:
I'll try them tomorrow then. I think what is putting it up is that I've asked to be covered for commuting, although this would be during the bad weather.

Up for some landing with you chaps up here in North Wales once the truck is all sorted ;-)

hi there, I'm in caernarfon and up for some trips! the truck has just had a good service: oil change, new belts, cleaned up the brakes and checked the bearings - good to go! where are you Richie?

Hi Duvs, I'm over in criminal er I mean Kinmell Bay :)
Norcountry came up with £313 fully comp so happy as I can be with that.
All thats left to do is get a truck, fingers crossed for tomorrow :))

R

Hey Richie, well hope you got on ok, is this your first 4x4?

Hi Duvs, yep picked up Drew's now my 95 on Saturday, it's not my first 4x4 but it is my first really modified 4x4, so hoping to get out and putting it through some mud!! ;-)
There is a 30 isn mile route map in the current edition of Off road year book that goes through North Wales which I fancy having a base at. I would be more confident giving it ago with another vehicle due to not having a winch at the moment just in case. ;-)

Hey Paul your not far away then, just over the Border ;-)

Cool well we need to go for a wonder over (or after) xmas then - that'd be cool
I'm not as good-to-go as I hoped though: I really need to get to the bottom of a metal-on-metal whine/groan first though, something is dry in my running gear :icon-rolleyes: I've checked the brakes and bearings so I now need to check the axles/diffs I suppose. I feel there's some light rolling resistance, and the offside hubs (especially the rear) feel warm after a drive. Its probably killing the mpg, but I'm more worried about burning something up. It started happening the day after crossing some water...
I'll drop you a message once the trucks sorted. I'm not sure if I know the route you're referring but I'm game for whatever. Theres a few routes that are not that far from us that I'd like to explore too - we're not short of options :icon-biggrin:

Back