Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Any one been on any trips with "atlas overland" or "trailmasters"

AndyCook

Garage
Country Flag
scotland
as per title, has anyone had any experience or heard of experiences with either "atlas overland" or "trailmasters"

looking into a trip to Morocco next year, and most likely to go with commerical group.

I know Peter Girling who owns/runs Atlas Overland, and he is a top bloke. However there have been one or two negative comments about a chap who ran some of Peter's tours, although I understand that he has now left. I can't comment about Trailmasters, but I know someone who went with them last year and was very satisfied. The best of the bunch is undoubtedly Paul Blackburn who owns/runs OneLife Adventure (www.onelifeadventure.co.uk). Paul personally runs all his own tours, and you couldn't wish to find a nicer or more knowledgable bloke. I went to Morocco with him in Feb, I'm just back from Tunisia, and will be going to Libya with him next year:dance:

thanks for comments
yep I have been on a UK trip with Paul at onelifeadventure
http://www.landcruiserclub.net/foru...aning-3-4Sept-2011?highlight=onelifeadventure

and he was a great bloke,
also very well organised, knowlegable, patient, chilled-out, but not overly chilled-out, and i would have confidence in him
but he hasnt got any tours running to morocco next autumn....
otherwise he would have been my first choice...

Libya trip a bit too long and pricey for me £5k for 2 of us, and not sure about stability of libya still

Last edited:
I have no first hand experience with either Atlas Overland or Trailmasters, but people speak well of Peter from Atlas. Earlier this year I went on a trip with Onelife (Paul Blackburn) and can only say good things, to the point I booked again with Onelife to go Morocco next February. Paul in my opinion is a great guide, very professional / safety conscious but also happy to listen to his clients and willing to accommodate their requests.
On the opposite side of the coin I have heard a few negative comments about some of the other Overland Tour companies.

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
I have been away with Atlas (Peter, Jo and Carrick) several times several times and can not recommend Atlas Overland enough. My car broke both times and it did not disrupt proceedings. 'Never leave anyone' is a Atlas principal. We took the inlaws last time (never driven off road before borrowing our 'spare' 4x4) across Morocco and they had a great time, as first timers to this type of holiday.
We are repeat Atlas customer as were several people on every trip. You leave the trip as friends not customers!
The bad bit is last time I went as a Landrover owner and came back a LandCruiser fan ;)

I have been away with Atlas (Peter, Jo and Carrick) several times several times and can not recommend Atlas Overland enough. My car broke both times and it did not disrupt proceedings. 'Never leave anyone' is a Atlas principal. We took the inlaws last time (never driven off road before borrowing our 'spare' 4x4) across Morocco and they had a great time, as first timers to this type of holiday.
We are repeat Atlas customer as were several people on every trip. You leave the trip as friends not customers!
The bad bit is last time I went as a Landrover owner and came back a LandCruiser fan ;)

Thats why we all drive cruisers! :dance:

Welcome to the club. :thumbup:

Last edited:
The change is inevitable,

But it will happen sooner or later.

Defenders look great, but they really do need to get rid of the gremlins.
How they do it, I don't know.

Gra.

Hi All,

We went with Atlas Overland to Morocco in October and had a fantastic time! I've been to Morocco on my own but would really recommend going with Atlas as we felt inn safe hands and nothing was too much trouble.. We were a group of 6 cars and got to see stuff and drive tracks that we wouldn't have found on our own. On our way home we saw Tr***masters who had a group of 17!! Nuff said.

I agree with Andrew - Pete's a top bloke with a huge knowledge of the country (and fixing LandRovers!) We'll be going back with Atlas next year.

Kev

Hi

I have been to Morocco twice with Trailmasters and I wouldn't hesitate to recommend them. Apart from two people, everyone who was on the trip had travelled with Trailmasters before. The chap who owns the business is called John Reader, he runs the trips himself and certainly knows the country well. I believe that Trailmasters group sizes tend to be larger than Atlas but on both trips we didn't find this to be a problem. I have also been on a trip with Atlas (although not to Morocco) and I found them to be very good as well.

Steve

Last edited:
thanks Guys

I have now booked on the Morocco trip in October :icon-cool: with Atlas Overland - thanks for recommendations

I got hold of maps and routes, but in end decided not keen on going solo and also doing all the planning work for the trip, fine for a longer trip but not a short 2 week visit.

since doing the Italian Alps again in July as well an an independent trip :dance: so thats enough prep for one year!

Hi I went to Morocco with Trailmasters in April and had a fantastic time. I will be going back with them and can not recommend them enough!!!

Hi, I went on my first trip to Morocco with a chap by the name of Neil Hopkinson, of " Impala Adventures" I and my son had a truly amazing adventure, I would not hesitate to recommend him to anyone. Winner of the the Warn challenge as was, and other events, his coaching and encouragement were excellent, as was his routes and local knowledge. We went a second time with him and had a another but different wonderful time. I suppose that his expertise and confidence building could be judged by the fact that I would not and have not hesitated to "go alone" now. We first went in 1999, and have returned to Morocco several times since, I hope you have a lovely time there, it really is a great adventure. best regards, Bill Westley

Back