Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

ATF info

PETE BELL

Garage
Country Flag
scotland
can you help ? im in the process of sorting out some problems with my new 100 ,im new to auto trans and want to change my atf cos ive done all other oils and stuff 1-what is the correct type 2-how do i get the new fluid in 3- how do i set the level and 4-any good advice mutch appreciated :thumbup: :thumbup: p.s ive read loads of topics already cheers the box is an a750f/1 number on the box is 35010/60a20

Best thing to do is to use the FSM.
First you need to know if you have the WS fluid - which I suppose you do - because if you had the first version (type IV fluid), you would have seen the dipstick and thereby know where to fill and how to check.

It's an easy job, but with many steps done in the correct order. The fill-hole is a bit high up on the side, so it is easiest with some kind of pump or hose or squirter to fill with.

You can also have a look here: http://www.lcool.org/technical/100_seri ... d/auto.htm

Bringing an old thread back to life.

I am in the process of doing a complete fluid change on my 100 as its 10 years old and want to base line it having driven it for a year and having gotten an idea of how she runs. I have the A750F gearbox which has the Toyota WS fluid in it and having had a look around it seems one is able to do what they call a flush of the box by getting it up to temp and then draining the "excess" fluid and replacing it but what i want to know is if anyone has removed the pan and had a look or if there is a need to do so.

I would like to do a complete fluid change rather than just keep diluting what is there to make it better.

...I have the A750F gearbox which has the Toyota WS fluid in it and having had a look around it seems one is able to do what they call a flush of the box by getting it up to temp and then draining the "excess" fluid and replacing it but what i want to know is if anyone has removed the pan and had a look or if there is a need to do so.
I would like to do a complete fluid change rather than just keep diluting what is there to make it better.
Draining and replacing is not a flush. To flush, you can pump it through the cooler hoses until all is replaced. Drain-and-fill will replace only 3 litres at the time.
Always good to drop the pan, to see if there is anything on the magnets. You don't get more fluid out tho. And it's a bit of work, all those little bolts...

Many thanks, is the way you explained to do a proper flush a diy job or do i need a special pump?

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Back