Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Awning 270 6 Arms

ostrich is the one i would go for. not cheap but i dont think anyone could regret buying one. jmo

I'm looking to buy a 270° 6 amrs awning...do you have any suggestion?

I think howling moon is an interesting one...
https://www.howlingmoon.com.au/product/6-arm-270-degree-swing-awn

Someone else is interested in??
As soon as we define witch one to buy, we can figure out who is interested and try to have a special price!!

Having looked verious models online kinda settlered on trying out the howling moon 270 at £600 for the 1.9m extension looks pretty good for the money. Legs build in underside and pretty sturdy in winds from flatdog.

Karls ostrich maybe better but over double the price is worth noting.

Yes 3 arms I believe. More arms the heavier. If I’m not mistaken this weights around 20kg

Yes 3 arms I believe. More arms the heavier. If I’m not mistaken this weights around 20kg

That's true, but it's much smaller on the side!

20180512_165800.jpg

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
That's true, but it's much smaller on the side!

View attachment 144228

There’s two sizes being 1.9m & 2.5m extension width, plus two colors one grey and one olive. Also LH or RH models.

I’ve been considering the 1.9m for my needs. Also bear in mind the length attached to the vehicle gets longer on the 2.4m model.

There’s two sizes being 1.9m & 2.5m extension width, plus two colors one grey and one olive. Also LH or RH models.

I’ve been considering the 1.9m for my needs. Also bear in mind the length attached to the vehicle gets longer on the 2.4m model.
I'm thinking on the 6 arms 2.5 mt... but I not convinced
I like to have it big

4x4 direct also do this style of awning with a set 9f sides aswell.

Not seen the quality of it in person but love the idea of this shape of awning.

I will be looking for one on my trailer build once I start it.

4x4 direct also do this style of awning with a set 9f sides aswell.

Not seen the quality of it in person but love the idea of this shape of awning.

I will be looking for one on my trailer build once I start it.
Do you Think are good???
Honestely the pictures on the website are not impressing me...
Surely is chip... but quality??

As I said not seen one in real life.

The other stuff they sell isn't as good as full price stuff but doesn't seem to bad.

It the sides that impressed me to be fair.

I got my foxwing for a really good price from a member here and am delighted with it but if I was buying new I would go for one that can be self supporting, they are much more useable than ones that you have to get poles and pegs out for every time you want a brew under shelter. Although quite a bit more expensive, I think they are worth the extra for the usability.
I rather like the tufftrek one, the ostrich, http://tuff-trek.com/awning-systems.html

I have a direct4x4 270 awning, with the steel hinges. It gets used for sure - but given the windy conditions and the rain in this country, it really does need all its poles up, tied down, and with some form of sides. this is the 2.7m version, so a 9ft tarp fits perfectly as a side.

anything more than a gentle breeze, it needs 2 people to put up. over about 10 minutes ( getting all the sides up and pegging things out. ).

the awning itself is fine, its the same material that most roof tents are made out of these days.

if i were to buy a new one, I'd skip this and just get the ostrich, as Karl and moggy1986 have already mentioned

and if you really want a completely wind and rain proof setup, then the tuff-trek tt02 with the sides is the only option, but be ready to spend the best part of 20 min getting it setup, and a huge bin in the back of the truck to store the sides.

Someone know Bundutec 360° awning?
I can't find side panels do they do it?

I'm thinking to go for a Bundutec L Shaped Squareback 2.75.
What do you think about it??

Screenshot_20190304-235443_Samsung Internet.jpg Screenshot_20190304-235451_Samsung Internet.jpg

I think howling moon is an interesting one...
https://www.howlingmoon.com.au/product/6-arm-270-degree-swing-awn

Someone else is interested in??
As soon as we define witch one to buy, we can figure out who is interested and try to have a special price!![/QUOTE]

Hi,
I've spent a fair bit if research myself into the diferent 270 awnings available, such as Darche, RhinoRack, Batwing, Alu-Cab, Bush Company, Hannibal, EaziAwn, Oztent, SupaWing, 30 Second, Super-Peg, Drifta as well as all the cheap Chinese Imports.
I will buy one this year and my personal view is that it's really a choice of 2 for me:
Either the Ostrich Wing, which is good quality and very sturdy, but also heavy, even with only 3 arms! The problem is the ridiculous UK price, when I looked at one, I could import a single unit cheaper than I could from Tuff-Tek and I think that's why very few people buy them in the UK!
However, the other alternative I think is worth considering, is the 6 arm Howling Moon, which would probably now be my choice. Again it is good quality, although I don't think it's quite as sturdy as the Ostrich Wing, but it certainly offers a much more usable space, which is what's it's all about.
Someone also mentioned the BunduAwn, which I also looked at, but I've heard that there are problems with rain coming through the stitching!
Anyway, all that aside, if the Club managed to secure an attractive price on either the Ostrich or Howling Moon, I would be interested.
Bodie.

Having considered an awning , my first , and while i like the look of all the fancy hex ones i have little patience for setting up and i feel they are all aimed at warmer climates meaning sunshades rather than rain , rain never falls straight down .

And so something like this would be better suited to my needs https://www.xp-edition.eu/Eclipse-Ezy-Front-Awning-Extension-25m

There's a few choices on that page though

Shayne.
I have little patience and usually fall out with hol when setting up as it winds me up.
Once you forget about the cost the ostrich is awsum. 30 seconds and its up. i love it. its taken all the fustration out of it for me.

Back