Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Back in Black.

I did the egr blank yesterday, it took my a couple of hours the Egr wasnt to dirty and my intake butterfly wasnt that bad really. but all cleaned up and blanking plate with minimal hole inserted. I dont know if its just me but my LC seemed a bit livelier from the setting off. il report back if i see any improvement in MPG.

im just pleased that my engine is breathing cleaner air.

I did the egr blank yesterday, it took my a couple of hours the Egr wasnt to dirty and my intake butterfly wasnt that bad really. but all cleaned up and blanking plate with minimal hole inserted. I dont know if its just me but my LC seemed a bit livelier from the setting off. il report back if i see any improvement in MPG.

im just pleased that my engine is breathing cleaner air.

Joe, interested in this. Any pics or details please?

:text-yeahthat::text-+1: deserves a thread of it's own if you took enough pics :thumbup:

Hi Tony

Sorry, i always get stuck in and then think i should of took some pics.

pretty straight forward though.

Take off intercooler and some electrical plugs and a small silicone hose on a little breather looking thing.
take three bolts off the power steering reservoir and move out of the way. and undo the multi plug on the boost sensor. this allows access to the stainless pipe/cooler that bolts to the side of the block (2 x 10mm nuts) and its here you put the blanking plate in. i bought a stainless plate from ebay and drilled a 7mm hole in the centre. you can buy them with the hole already drilled if required.
the stainless cooler has two bolts underneath the butterfly assembly undo these and it gives you enough room to get the plate inbetween the block. (this bit is a little fiddly)
then its onto the butterfly/egr assembly which has various plugs bolts to undo, once off clean up (i used a brush and some brake cleaner to get the carbon off. once all dry reassemble.

pic of blank location, its on the end of the stainless cooler by the boost plug you can see.

egr%20blank.jpg

Last edited:
Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Continuing through the list of jobs on the Collie the air con was next to come under scrutiny. My air con guy had retired but got his stuff out to have a last "go".
The Collie was first to be checked out and seemed gas tight even though there was no gas in but got gassed and held pressure and gave 4 deg cooling so looking to a summer with that.

IMG_0661_zpscqz50hl8.jpg
Then he did the 24V auto and my GX which had held their pressure but were re gassed then a 12V auto.

then finally he did the Suburban:-

IMG_0665_zpsrrl32sx6.jpg

So all in all lads you can now look forward to a cool summer with no sun and no requirement for air con as is always the way when I am totally prepared.
Since the guy is retired from working on air con I have offered to buy his kit, we'll see what he wants for it, might be viable for a bit of part time.

Hi Andy i wonder if you can do me a favour and take a look at the front wheel to mudflap clearance on your collie for me , I am thinking the same wheel and tyre plus a 32mm spacer might be cutting it fine and i don't want to molest the mudflaps on Helen's truck so i would appreciate your thoughts .

Back