Country Flag
scotland
hi,

looks like my batteries are giving up the ghost,

any recommendations for replacement ?

what specification for the batteries ?

not near the car at present so can not check it,

cheers Roy.

Battery mega store have been doing some good value ones at £50 each. Can't fault them so far

I put a pair of Bosch 4 year warranty ones on in desperation before Christmas at £85 each from my local garage. I hope they'll be good, (they should be) as the punipart ones I had on there before didn't make their three year warranty so got 5 years out of two sets of batteries. I'm pretty sure they didn't like getting a full discharge.

+1 for battery megastore. ihad no problem with them and delivery was very quick.

Varta G7 and G8 for me.

I'm with you on that one Trev, they are all I would fit now to anything which needs a 12V battery. I've not had to jump start a truck in mid winter for maybe 3 years now since we moved over to Varta batteries.

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
We fit a lot of Bosch S4's.

Never had one come back but they are expensive. Not sure what our discount is like atm with Euro Car Parts but we get a 334 for £84, retail is £100 ish.

Its just the Handing of the terminals Chas, to allow for the left and right Battery.
I thought that might be the case but when I looked at them on the Tanya site they both looked the same, ah! but I didn't notice which way round the +/- posts were. :icon-rolleyes:

Got twin Exide 100ah (240cca) batteries on mine. Had them on 2 years now. Cant fault em, not cheap, i think they were just over £100 each but well worth the money

Back