Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Bearmach Fridge-Freezers

Jacob100

Supporter
Anyone come into contact with the Bearmach compressor fridges that are doing the rounds on FB?

Obviously made in China (like so many others), not very pretty to look at and with some plasticky bits, but also sub-400 pounds for a 52l unit with 3 year warranty.

BLURB: https://bearmach.com/52-litre-ac-dc-compressor-fridge-freezer-ba-3222
BARGAIN: https://maverick4x4.co.uk/products/bearmach-52-litre-fridge-freezer

Just wanted to see if anyone has actually seen/used one or have any other feedback on these?

Looks fairly similar to a Dometic/Waeco unit except the Controls on the handle. Bearmach themselves seem to have good reviews and it comes with a 3 year warranty so they trust it not to break down. Looks solid enough.
If I hadn’t got one I’d certainly look into it. I would be interested to find the make of compressor as this is key. If it’s a Danfoss, just buy it. It could well be.

those are pretty large sizes and i cant see what the insulation is like - but you want to really make sure you need, and really really want that size of a fridge. a 35lt one works well for a family of 4, out for almost a week off grid.

so make sure you want something that size, check its power usage, and map back to what your battery situation is like

Made by Dometic/Waeco (like many other brand fridges now) just a different case afaik

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
I've seen a 52l in the flesh. More than impressed with the quality at the price.

Thanks for your comments. Might take a punt on one. Been a while since I bought anything that came in a box.

Yea got a 15l coming, ill be sure to take some pictures and make some current draw readings.

those are pretty large sizes and i cant see what the insulation is like - but you want to really make sure you need, and really really want that size of a fridge. a 35lt one works well for a family of 4, out for almost a week off grid.

so make sure you want something that size, check its power usage, and map back to what your battery situation is like

Agree a 35L one has plenty of space especially if pack it well. I end of up with other peoples stuff in mine on camping weekends..

Well give me 2 / 3 weeks and I'll put some pictures online, looking at the size of the fridge should work out perfectly for my sleep in cruiser build.

I have the large Bearmach fridge. Can’t fault it. Though have nothing to compare against. It’s quiet and fairly quick to cool. Takes enough beer and wine for a decent hangover.

Where are you based. You can have a look if you are close.

Back