Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Beb replacement

Active8 is another additive I saw demonstrated at the NEC Bikeshow a few years back. It looked very effective. The demo was a simple one with members of the public invited to inspect and try it for themselves and it was impossible to see how the results could have been rigged in any way. The promotional info for many of these additives can be very seductive promising more power, smoother running, greater longevity etc.

Last edited:
I ended up buying some Activ8 and treated a gen 1 R1 I had at the time and I thought it felt smoother with less vibes. Can't say I noticed any power increase but the bike wasn't short on power anyway and I didn't keep it long enough to see any longevity benefits.

On the subject of lack of oil, i ran mine for a minute a litre of oil below the bottom of the dip stick doing a oil change today:shock:
Easy done when your called in for a brew and cheese buttys..

There are several videos on utube showing engines being drained of oil and revved to maximum until destruction. They usually last several minutes so I doubt whether any oil additive helps in every day life.

Back